My S9+ restarts after applying a Samsung theme.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Does it happen with any theme or a specific one? It's definitely not normal, but if it's a specific theme, it might not be fully compatible with the S9. Also, make sure you don't have any UI-altering apps on top of themes that might conflict with things.

scottbeamer

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Does it happen with any theme or a specific one? It's definitely not normal, but if it's a specific theme, it might not be fully compatible with the S9. Also, make sure you don't have any UI-altering apps on top of themes that might conflict with things.
It happens with almost every theme.

Would Nova Launcher be a "UI altering app"?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
No, Nova shouldn't interfere with the UI, only maybe icon sets and wallpapers. Try clearing Theme's cache and see if that helps. I haven't seen any reboots on mine with the themes I've tried.

scottbeamer

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
No, Nova shouldn't interfere with the UI, only maybe icon sets and wallpapers. Try clearing Theme's cache and see if that helps. I haven't seen any reboots on mine with the themes I've tried.
The Samsung theme or the Nova theme (icon pack)?

The reboot happens only once (after the Samsung theme is first installed).

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
So, it has only rebooted once after the Samsung theme was applied and that's it?

Actually, a reboot by the user, (not a random reboot )is good after a theme is applied. BUT, it's not normal for the phone to reboot. Is this a theme from the Samsung store?

I would uninstall Nova if you no longer use it. You can always backup any current desktops on Nova and uninstall and reinstall later if you want to use it again.

scottbeamer

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
So, it has only rebooted once after the Samsung theme was applied and that's it?

Actually, a reboot by the user, (not a random reboot )is good after a theme is applied. BUT, it's not normal for the phone to reboot. Is this a theme from the Samsung store?

I would uninstall Nova if you no longer use it. You can always backup any current desktops on Nova and uninstall and reinstall later if you want to use it again.

Yes, as I said before, it reboots after applying a Samsung theme (aren't all Samsung Themes from the Samsung Theme store?).

As for Nova, I never said that I no longer use it.

I use it all the time.

Samsung theme for the Quick Settings menu, settings app, and all Samsung apps.

Nova theme for icons and wallpaper.

They shouldn't interfere with one another.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I agree, they shouldn't interfere so something is wrong with your theme engine. To check if it is Nova, for some reason, try switching to the stock launcher and applying a theme you know reboots the phone.

scottbeamer

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I agree, they shouldn't interfere so something is wrong with your theme engine. To check if it is Nova, for some reason, try switching to the stock launcher and applying a theme you know reboots the phone.
Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried that. It still reboots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wisak2556