My Samsung phone is not vibrating at all

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My Samsung J7 Pro has stopped vibrating recently. I bought this phone in Jan 2018 and its running on Nougat. Like, there's no vibration at all for messages, calls, key press, phone restart, reboot.. nothing no vibration at all! I don't how it stopped all of a sudden. I remember there was an update for my phone and I did it. It was working fine even after the update. There was an incident after that when the battery was around 8% I had turned on Ultra power saving (In Samsung phones) which makes some changes to your phone to reduce the battery consumption as much as possible. I had done that before also and switched off ultra power saving when my phone was recharged. But this time my phone died to complete 0% charge.. ( for the first time after I bought it). I got home and recharged it. Later on the next day or 2 days later, I felt the vibration stopped when I was typing on my Gboard in Telegram.. the keys were not vibrating as I was typing. I thought it was some issue with the Gboard but then no. I checked all settings related to vibration on my phone, turned them off and on etc. There was no vibration at all.. the vibration used to come back, stay for a few seconds, and then stop again.
Could someone please help? I am sure there is no issue with the vibration cord of the phone as I told the vibration comes back at times for a few seconds and stops again. I feel this is a software issue.. I have tried the *#7353# and other codes to test and trigger the vibration.. still not working. Can someone suggest anything to solve this? I am thinking of wiping cache partition but I am afraid I would lose data or if my phone doesn't boot properly or something.. what should I do? Please help..