My Verizon order says shipped!

mnphoneguy1

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Sorry,.. I'm single minded and didn't realize you were on anything else but Verizon. Not sure how sprint works.

Posted via the Android Central App

No worries! Is it sad we are all still up this late? Hitting that refresh button hoping it switches to shipped is an addiction ha-ha

Arcticwolf1

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Mine says shipped too! Ups ground, signature required... I'm used to them being shipped Fed ex but then the last phone I had shipped was an S3 on pre-order sooo it's been a while lol

alien130

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
is there a way to call UPS to drop the signature required? I live in NJ, but work in NYC...if not, I guess my only option is to go pick it up from the UPS delivery center

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
is there a way to call UPS to drop the signature required? I live in NJ, but work in NYC...if not, I guess my only option is to go pick it up from the UPS delivery center

Unfortunately you'll have to wait until the first delivery attempt is made. Once that happens you will see on your door a delivery notification tag that will either see when the next attempt is and or if you are allowed to sign that piece of paper and have them drop it off with no one home. If it does not give you the latter option then call the 800 number give them the tracking number and I'll tell you what other options you may have.

stleusc

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Why can't I have the package held at delivery center before first attempt? I thought that's an option...

stleusc

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
To prevent fraud. The shipper (Verizon) places restrictions on delivery.

Don't really see that... I have tracking number and picture ID with matching name and address. How can there be fraud with that?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Don't really see that... I have tracking number and picture ID with matching name and address. How can there be fraud with that?

It is not at the pickup point that is the issue. If someone was to buy the phone via your card / account they could then (after placing the order) tell FedEx to change delivery to a P.O. Box or something. Therefore no one would check an ID and they would get a phone.

stleusc

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
It is not at the pickup point that is the issue. If someone was to buy the phone via your card / account they could then (after placing the order) tell FedEx to change delivery to a P.O. Box or something. Therefore no one would check an ID and they would get a phone.

I want to change to hold for pickup. Not po box. Don't see issue with what I need...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I want to change to hold for pickup. Not po box. Don't see issue with what I need...

We get your issue -- We are telling as to why the changing of the shipping address isn't allowed until the first delivery. The reason I explained above is why (even if you're not doing that).

stleusc

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
I guess most people here can't read...
I explicitly wrote holding at ups location for pickup, NOT change of address.

FCSC

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
I guess most people here can't read...
I explicitly wrote holding at ups location for pickup, NOT change of address.

holding it at a UPS distro center IS a change of address.

It changes the delivery address from your house (or wherever it is orginally) to the distro center.

Telling us we can't read, when we're helping you is really classy of you though.

stleusc

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
holding it at a UPS distro center IS a change of address.

It changes the delivery address from your house (or wherever it is orginally) to the distro center.

Telling us we can't read, when we're helping you is really classy of you though.

Btw according to UPS website change to will call is ALLOWED despite direct delivery only restriction!
Since they will check my ID...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skittles