Naked Nexus?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have mine in a TPU type case ,CruzerLite while at work .
Tempered glass SP on since purchased.
While at home its not always in a case. :)

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone use a skin on their phone? I was thinking of picking up a dbrand or slickwrap for it.

I can't figure out why manufacturers put thousands of hours into the style and design of a phone and making it as comfortable to hold and use as possible, and then make it too slippery to hold on to it. Many people buy a phone based on what it looks like or feels like in the hand and then the first thing they have to do is buy a case so the phone doesn't slip out of their hand, which totally changes the look and feel of the phone. Doesn't make sense. Can't someone make a phone that doesn't need a case or screen protectors?

I've found that a skin is best for me. It keeps the phone as it was meant to be and protects from minor damage. Of course if you drop your phone on concrete only luck will keep it from getting damaged, no matter what case you use. I use Skinomi skins and have not tried Dbrand or Slickwraps because I like clear skins so I can keep the aesthetics of the phone as they were meant to be and Dbrand and Slickwraps do not make a clear skin for the Nexus 6. But even Skinomi changes the feel of the back of the Nexus 6.

Last edited:

alexcolka

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Maybe a rubber phone with bullet proof glass and water proof capability... With a fantastic design, look and feel.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ysbg

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't use a case, even though I once broke the screen of my nexus 4. Fingers crossed..

Posted via the Android Central App

SaltyBrine

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I use the incipio case for my Nexus 6 I shattered the glass of my last phone which was a Samsung note 2. So I'm determined to keep my Nexus 6 in one piece. I really like the Nexus 6 it rocks.

Spallboy

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I swap between the i-Blason stand case I have and having it naked. I usually put my case on for going out but have it nude at home or work where I can leave it in my pocket without it being noticed.
At least until the WiFi update hits the 360 and I don't have to have my phone within 30 feet

Squashed under a Nexus 6

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I have a few cases and wouldn't think of using it without one.

I love it when people say they don't want to cover up such a beautiful phone. Fine, but I didn't realize people sat around all day staring at their phone like a sensual object. Besides that, no one gives a rats behind what phone you have and how "beautiful" it is. People are getting carried away with this gadget thing. Pretty soon there will be cell phone beauty contests, right up there in importance with 4yr old girl beauty pageants.

Besides protection, I've seen some cases that actually make the phone look better in my opinion. And if you're that much into showing off your phone like a trophy wife, you could always get a clear case so the "beauty" can shine through and the world will fall at your feet for owning such a marvelous and breathtaking device. Make sure to have a towel handy so you can clean up the drool from everyone lucky enough to gaze upon the wonder known as NEXUS 6!

Carry on.

couldn't agree more ... I remember when most android fans cared a lot more about function than form. not true anymore. there are some things that bother me, like the black bar on the M9 or the overall look of the Droid Turbo, but people are beyond ridiculous with their nitpicking.

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone use a skin on their phone? I was thinking of picking up a dbrand or slickwrap for it.

I have a full-body black carbon skin on mine from Slickwraps. It holds up pretty good. I was going to go the case route like I usually do with my devices, but I didn't want to add more bulk to the Nexus 6. The wrap is definitely a nice alternative for those who want scratch protection and don't tend to drop their phones. I have some pics I took of my Nexus 6 in the carbon skin linked below

Nexus 6 Slickwraps Carbon

kwilliams1906

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Do you guys use your Nexus naked? It looks so sleek and elegant without a case, and the premium feel is so great. All of that is spoiled with a case. Do you really feel that your Nexus is at great risk being naked?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

No case but that's just me. I almost never purchase a case for my phones and I haven't broken one yet.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Once I used a case, I liked the "extra bulk" as some put it. I always thought the phone without a case felt too thin and scrawny. (and vulnerable) Just like my women, I like substance. Not thin. ;) Even the average TPU case is kind of too thin for me. The "Love Mei" case is over the top, but I like to feel like I'm holding something that's not thin. But that's just me. Plus, a lot of cases can offer more grip than a naked case. My Spigen clear case is like a magnet in my hands.

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Naked at home sitting on the couch, I love love how it feels in the hand, other times I have the naked case from the play store ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte