Need a replacement for a Galaxy Note 4 with user replaceable battery?

NormAtHome

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Five years ago or so I got my mother (who has really bad eyes) a Galaxy Note 4, it's worked reasonably well for her but her biggest problem the last year is that the battery charge indicator is now too small for her to see and she often lets the phone run down to zero charge. When the battery won't hold a charge well anymore I've just been replacing the battery but now she's bent something in the cable / charging socket that makes it hard to get the charging cable in; I can do it but she can't so I need a new phone for her.

I looked at the last two generations of Galaxy Notes just to be sure and it seems like they've taken away the user replaceable battery feature. I did Google for "android phones with user replaceable batteries" but that most current list from 2019 that I found lists all standard size phones and none of the bigger phablets. One of the things the article I read on the Galaxy Note 9 mentioned that a lot of newer phones are water proof and that makes it really difficult to make the battery user replaceable. Can someone point me to good replacements for this Note 4 that has a user replaceable battery?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Five years ago or so I got my mother (who has really bad eyes) a Galaxy Note 4, it's worked reasonably well for her but her biggest problem the last year is that the battery charge indicator is now too small for her to see and she often lets the phone run down to zero charge. When the battery won't hold a charge well anymore I've just been replacing the battery but now she's bent something in the cable / charging socket that makes it hard to get the charging cable in; I can do it but she can't so I need a new phone for her.

I looked at the last two generations of Galaxy Notes just to be sure and it seems like they've taken away the user replaceable battery feature. I did Google for "android phones with user replaceable batteries" but that most current list from 2019 that I found lists all standard size phones and none of the bigger phablets. One of the things the article I read on the Galaxy Note 9 mentioned that a lot of newer phones are water proof and that makes it really difficult to make the battery user replaceable. Can someone point me to good replacements for this Note 4 that has a user replaceable battery?
It's going be tough to find a replacement like the note with user friendly battery replacement,as lot of manufacturers went to sealed batteries.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It would be a lot cheaper to pay a repair shop to replace the charging port - or buy a good used one on Swappa - Verizon and TMobile are $99, unlocked is $134, AT&T and Sprint are around $75. But people on Swappa will usually take a reasonable offer.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You could look for a used or refurbished LG V20, which was the last of their line that had a removable battery. It was released in 2016, so not as ancient as the Note 4 (but getting close).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smuglur