Need Advice! Galaxy ll or LG Marquee?

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
So I need some help with deciding on whether to buy next week the Galaxy II Epic 4G Touch or wait to take a look at the LG Marquee. I need advice from people who understand the specs of these two phones better than I do!

What?s important to me:

Screen size and brightness?. Will there be that much noticeable difference between a 4.52 display and a 4.8? Which screen will have the better wow factor as far as how it looks?

Speed?..I don?t know enough to understand 1GHz processor vs Samsung Exynos 1.2GHz dual-core processor.

To 4G or not 4G?.......Although I live in Florida?s capital, Sprint does not have 4G here. When I ask Sprint reps about it, they just laugh. I do use my phone as a hotspot for my Tablet and the additional speed would be nice but it could be months before I ever get it. I actually have two 4G phones on my account now so I have been paying 20 a month for over a year that I haven?t used once

I understand that the logical thing to do is just wait but I suffer from the I want it now syndrome. If the two are that comparable though I can make myself wait but if the Galaxy ll is that much superior than I will just go ahead and get it.

Thanks in advance for any input and wisdom that is given!
Deano

Citymusic08

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Need Advice! Galaxy ll or LG Marquee??

So I need some help with deciding on whether to buy next week the Galaxy II Epic 4G Touch or wait to take a look at the LG Marquee. I need advice from people who understand the specs of these two phones better than I do!

What?s important to me:

Screen size and brightness?. Will there be that much noticeable difference between a 4.52 display and a 4.8? Which screen will have the better wow factor as far as how it looks?

Speed?..I don?t know enough to understand 1GHz processor vs Samsung Exynos 1.2GHz dual-core processor.

To 4G or not 4G?.......Although I live in Florida?s capital, Sprint does not have 4G here. When I ask Sprint reps about it, they just laugh. I do use my phone as a hotspot for my Tablet and the additional speed would be nice but it could be months before I ever get it. I actually have two 4G phones on my account now so I have been paying 20 a month for over a year that I haven?t used once

I understand that the logical thing to do is just wait but I suffer from the I want it now syndrome. If the two are that comparable though I can make myself wait but if the Galaxy ll is that much superior than I will just go ahead and get it.

Thanks in advance for any input and wisdom that is given!
Deano

They're not even in the same league...the Marquee is hardly an upgrade from your Evo, in fact i'd say the Evo is better. The $10/month has been changed from a 4G fee to a smartphone fee, so you'd still be paying it regardless, might as well have a 4G phone then. The SII by far. It wins in call categories.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

They're not even in the same league...the Marquee is hardly an upgrade from your Evo, in fact i'd say the Evo is better. The $10/month has been changed from a 4G fee to a smartphone fee, so you'd still be paying it regardless, might as well have a 4G phone then. The SII by far. It wins in call categories.

Holy S**t! I have 5 smart phones on my plan. Does that mean I am going to get hit with another 30 dollars?
Thank you for your input!

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

Holy S**t! I have 5 smart phones on my plan. Does that mean I am going to get hit with another 30 dollars?
Thank you for your input!

Depends. They changed the requirement sometime in January I believe. If you were already in contract with a non 4G smartphone before then, you will not be billed that charge. Anything new purchased though will in fact at the $10 charge.

12MaNy

Regional Leg Breaker
Apr 11, 2010
Visit site

Yeah....Marquee and SGS2 aren't in the same league...minors vs. majors.

I definitely agree with Citymusic08. Go with the big boy phone.

foogle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I think the only two reasons someone would want the Marquee:
1) You can looking for a smaller size phone
2) If you have a Sero plan, it would be only $10 more per month for Marquee (3G only), vs $20 more for the Galaxy 2 (4G).

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I think the only two reasons someone would want the Marquee:
1) You can looking for a smaller size phone
2) If you have a Sero plan, it would be only $10 more per month for Marquee (3G only), vs $20 more for the Galaxy 2 (4G).

Not sure what a Sero plan is. I have 5 lines, paying 10 extra on two, for the 4G charge which I understand is now a Smartphone charge.
One of those two is mine, the EVO 4G. I am not eligible but one of my other three lines a BB is. I was going to use that line to order the phone then once activated, switch the BB back to the BB number and the Galaxy to mine. I just called and the manager said it would be 10 more a month because the BB line is not currently paying the 10 Smartphone additional price. I understand that 10 a month isn't the worst thing on the world but hell, I am already paying 290.00! ( 5 lines + Galaxy Tab+ 1 Hotspot)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk