need advice. issues with Samsung shop and vzw

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the input now I don't feel like I am the only one who is going through this

I heard rumors of them doing this with people trade ins that were perfectly good shape and saying it didn't meet the requirements and charged full price and never return the trade in phone.

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I heard rumors of them doing this with people trade ins that were perfectly good shape and saying it didn't meet the requirements and charged full price and never return the trade in phone.

Call me particular but when I get a new phone I don't care if I have to wait a couple days for a case with screen protector to arrive but the seal on the box doesn't get broken open til I have that case I'm hand.

Also when I trade a phone in I take several pictures to document the condition before it goes in the box to get sent for trade in

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Call me particular but when I get a new phone I don't care if I have to wait a couple days for a case with screen protector to arrive but the seal on the box doesn't get broken open til I have that case I'm hand.

Also when I trade a phone in I take several pictures to document the condition before it goes in the box to get sent for trade in

I was always nervous to purchase from Samsung shop app from rumors and will probably never hearing more stories like this .

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
well bought. pixel 3 and sending those note 9 back,. based on the horrible customer service from Samsung I won't miss this phone.
if they send em that promo code I will buy a couple things and just be done with Samsung for a very long time

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I was just going to say the pixel 3 and xL are on sale for 300 off of the device this week... I'm kinda sad I got the pixel slightly before this promotion but I don't regret my decision in the slightest

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: so I returned the phone and shipped last week on Tuesday. got 2 emails one that the return had been rejected and product has been returned. the second that the a promo code had been reactivated with a promo code,. well I go to the Samsung shop to redeem it because it's supposed to be worth 400 bucks and when I copy and paste the code into the promo box it says code is no longer active.....the email I got says code is active until 8/23/18.

Anyone else who had the same issues as me now getting this??
Samsung has really made this a very unpleasant experience

Last edited: