need help understanding debugging on android, bf is convinced its evidence of me hacking him

itsbatcountry

May 30, 2018
Visit site
so my boyfriend is eeeh lets say cautious of things on his phone, its to the point where ive been locked out of our home for hours because i woudnt admit that i hacked him. it is quite literally ruining my life. i know that sounds drastic but its to the point of emotional abuse at best, he has taken my computer and later broken it, taken my phone too many times to count, broken up with me made me sleep on the couch etc... he says the debug program is taking screen shots tracking his location etc. he thinks this is being done via bluetooth and google instant apps. he thinks the debug program on google is the same as the one in his operating system. i have very little understanding of debugging but i know that most of this is not even possible but i dont know how to explain any of it. Also he keeps demanding i take the "hack" aka the debugger that came with his android of his phone i know this isnt something i can do but is it possible to revoke all priveledges or it for good ? i know this is a lot BUT IM BEGGING FOR HELP

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure I agree entirely with the above poster in suggesting ending the relationship, but it may be time to re-evaluate the relationship.

What operating system is he comparing the debug program of to the Android debug program? What evidence does he he have to support his suspicion that you're doing what he thinks you are?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure I agree with either of the above posters - it's time to get out NOW! (I've seen too many cases of "emotional abuse" turn into finding garbage bags strewn in different places, with body parts in them. [Retired cops have such pleasant memories.])

First he breaks your computer, then he breaks your arm, then he breaks something you can't stay alive without. If you have no place to go, get to a women's shelter, but get out. He's not only a control freak and paranoid, but he's probably at least a bit psychopathic - and that combination never ends well - for either of you.

Please get out and post here that you have. (Or PM me here if you don't want to make it public.) I'll sleep a lot better knowing that you're safe.

Once you're safe, you can go to the police and let them know about him, so they can at least keep their eyes in his direction, so he doesn't latch onto another victim (which is just what people like that do - he needs someone to abuse- if you leave him, he'll find someone else, and pretty quickly).

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree that it's time to leave. It's one thing to be ignorant of the device's regular programming and get a little spooked at something you don't understand. It's quite different to make the immediate jump to the worst case scenario and destroying things of someone he's supposed to love.

I'm sure he has some redeeming qualities, but I can assure you there's other men out there with those same qualities that also listen to reason.

I mean, ok you could try to find out why he thinks you're spying on him. Or ask to see evidence of it, which is likely rationally explained. But assuming he listens to reason this time, he's already shown his hand with how unreasonable he can get. I just don't think it's worth it to try fixing this situation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe