Need help. Very Noob question about patches.

ccannon917

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm now running EB01/EB16 with root + Clockwork (EB16SC26x_DXC.tar ). My question is what do I now do to get the Touchwiz music player? I noticed this patch (eb01_twmusic.zip) for the music app, and it says (loaded via clockwork). Being that I'm still trying to figure all this out, I don't understand what that means. I just want the music player. Sorry guys but rookies have to start somewhere right? Any help is greatly appreciated.

djlim4

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
For any patch, just download the zip file on to your SD card. You can dl it straight to your phone, or on your computer then, put it on your SD card, whichever you prefer.
It doesn't really matter where it is, as long as you can find it when in recovery mode.
Go into recovery, it should be an option if you long press the power button.
When in recovery, go down to the option, using the volume rocker, that says "Install zip from SD card", press the power button to confirm that selection
Find the file you want to apply, hit the power button to select the file
It will take you to a confirmation screen where u gotta scroll down to "yes" and hit the power button again. It'll install the file, then you back out using the search button, and reboot

ccannon917

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help. A few things actually worked a bit differently than the intructions, but I got it installed and rebooted. Problem is now I can't find the music player. I thought it would be in my apps, but it's nowhwere on the phone. Are there more steps after the reboot?

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
What's in the zip you downloaded? If it's just an .apk file, you need to use file manager like root explorer (or adb but that's a little more advanced) to move the .apk to your system/app folder.

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
He is referring to the patches list in the SC 2.6 thread in the stickies.

I noticed if I go into Recovery and apply multiple patches they won't show up or be installed. For example last night I wanted thinkfree and the SMS patch. I went to recovery and applied them both one after the other. Did not see thinkfree.

Make sure the musictouchwiz is on your SD card. Reboot to recovery and install it. Do NOT install or do anything else. Use reboot option from CMW recovery. It should show up in your apps.

Or go to market and download PowerAmp. MUCH BETTER player IMO :)

Reactions: ccannon917

ccannon917

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys! I'm new to the forums and I really appreciate how helpful you all are. Suicide Shift, I finally got it! Thanks a lot. You guys are the best.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
For any patch, just download the zip file on to your SD card. You can dl it straight to your phone, or on your computer then, put it on your SD card, whichever you prefer.
It doesn't really matter where it is, as long as you can find it when in recovery mode.
Go into recovery, it should be an option if you long press the power button.
When in recovery, go down to the option, using the volume rocker, that says "Install zip from SD card", press the power button to confirm that selection
Find the file you want to apply, hit the power button to select the file
It will take you to a confirmation screen where u gotta scroll down to "yes" and hit the power button again. It'll install the file, then you back out using the search button, and reboot

I didn't know how to do this either, and I may want a patch of some kind in the future. So thanks bro.

Reactions: ccannon917