Question need help with android mirroring

rosycreatestuff

Jan 14, 2023
Visit site
Hi,
I dont know where else to ask my android mirroring question. I have scoured the net and its not my friend.

Android Mirroring:
When you are using android mirroring on an aftermarket car stereo (Kenwood DMX125BT – it only has mirroring), are you able to view maps AND listen to the radio, or music? If so, can you listen from the actual radio, or can I “stream” a radio station on my Samsung S21+? Is this at all possible? Or, do I need to spend the extra $$$ for an Android Auto unit?

I do not have the Kenwood installed yet, so I cant check this out for myself.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That largely depends on your phone. The unit you're looking at supports mirroring through USB, but not all phones support video output that way (same goes for the head unit's 'control' feature; it will depend on the phone whether or not it supports it). If your device supports this, then you've got the video part done and will work just like your phone's screen. The manufacturer needs you to install an app called "Mirroring OB for KENWOOD" so try to search for that on your phone and see if you can install it/it's compatible.

For audio, unless this is a very old phone, you should be able to connect it to the head unit via Bluetooth. You should be able to have Maps and music playing at the same time and have it come out the head unit's connected speakers. The downside of this is while you can have your phone wholly displayed on the radio unit (including YouTube or video apps), audio will likely not be in sync since the audio connection is through BT.