Need HELP with One Note

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I have One Note app installed on my Galaxy Note Pro tablet and my Note 4 phone. I've been using One Note for about 2 years with no problems. I sync my phone and tablet everytime I make a change to a notebook. I updated a notebook today on my phone and when I tried to sync it gave me red Xs on all my notebooks. When this has happened before and I would go to "open notebooks", tap on the notebook that showed closed and the sync would complete. That did not work this time, so I went to my tablet and tried a sync. Got the same results. I went online to One Note Online and all of my notebooks have been deleted.
I have all my notes still on my devices so I haven't lost any data. I can not figure out how to get my notebooks back on "One Note Online". That's the only way I can keep both devices synced.
I posted on this forum because I use my tablet most of the time to update One Note. Also, I do not own any type of PC or Mac. Everything is done on my tablet. I have logged into One Note Online many times using Google Chrome browser on my tablet and been able to see all my notebooks.
I really need to be able to sync. I hope someone can help. I've searched Microsoft help but it wasn't any!

The Fatyank

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
fatyank, I am going to send this to the guys over at Windows Central as well. Since OneNote is a Microsoft product, the guys there might help with a better answer.

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Great. Thank you. I'm seriously considering firing Evernote back up and deleting One Note. I'll wait to see what responses I get here. I guess I can run them both. I just hate duplicate work!

The Fatyank

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Still not sure what happened but I have a fix. This took a bit of time to do. I have a tremendous amount of notes. On my tablet I created new folders and copy/pasted notes from old folders to new ones. Did a sync, actually quite a few syncs, and all is well now. I deleted all the old folders on both my tablet and phone. Now One Note Online and both my devices are the same again.
It did give me a opportunity to purge old or redundant notes.

The Fatyank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174