need help with restoring whatsapp chats in new phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi,
I got a new phone and downloaded everything from my old phone to the new one with the samsung smart switch app. then i signed in to whatsapp on the new phone and relized that half my chat history was gone,
I went back to my old pone and signed in to whatsapp- all the history was there so i backed it up on google drive.
Then i reinstalled whatsapp on the new phone and tried to connect it to my google account but it gave me an option to restore local files - so i did.
again half my chats were gone, and the whatsapp was not connected to my google account, and when I tried to add it through backup options on whatsapp it said the account already exists on the phone..
so i copied all the info from whatsapp file in the old phone via PC to the new phone whatsapp file, then reinstalled whatsapp, restored info from local files, and still half the chats are missing..

the file on google drive is from the last backup of the old phone.
how do i get my chats back from my old phone? and how do i do this without loosing the new ones from the last couple of days on my new phone?

thanks in advance for any help

CW_1

Apr 23, 2020
Visit site
i thought it was strange too.
the problem the first time was that my whatsapp app simply didnt connect to the google account even though it is on the phone and when i tried to put it in manually it didnt do that either, just said that the account is already signed in on the phone..

the last time i reinstalled i loged out of my google account before signing in to whatsapp, and the signed in to google through whatsapp.
at this point i think my best bet to not loose all my history is somehow getting the files from the old phone, but that didnt work and i dont know why.

do you know if the app is suppose to read all the files in the database file, or just the msgstore.db that has no date on it?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
i thought it was strange too.
the problem the first time was that my whatsapp app simply didnt connect to the google account even though it is on the phone and when i tried to put it in manually it didnt do that either, just said that the account is already signed in on the phone..

the last time i reinstalled i loged out of my google account before signing in to whatsapp, and the signed in to google through whatsapp.
at this point i think my best bet to not loose all my history is somehow getting the files from the old phone, but that didnt work and i dont know why.

do you know if the app is suppose to read all the files in the database file, or just the msgstore.db that has no date on it?
I think the back up are in Google drive clouds , everything is encrypted so make things even harder .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos