Need Sim Card to Convert T-Mobile Samsung S3 for Use on Sprint

5620sp1

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

My Samsung S5 was stolen over the weekend and I am hoping to use an old Samsung 3 that I had with T-mobile with my new provider Sprint. The T-mobile folks sent me an unlock code. When I talked to Sprint, they told me that they don't support anything older than Samsung S4 and S5. I am hoping not to have to purchase a new phone. Does anyone have any ideas about how I can acquire a sprint compatible sim card for a Samsung S3? Everything else on the S3 works perfectly- including email, gps and all my other apps. I just don't have phone service.

Thank you,

Alicia

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
First you need to check if your S3 is compatible with Sprint's network. If the S3 you have doesn't support their frequencies, no matter what you do it will not connect to their network (it's like trying to get HD TV signals on an analog-only TV...they just don't speak the same 'language').

IF the phone is compatible, then any SIM card from Sprint should work as long as it's the correct size. If I'm not mistaken, the S3 uses the normal-sized SIM Card, which all carriers have move away from. Most likely Sprint still offers these but if they only offer micro or nano SIMs, there are adapters you can buy to 'increase' the size to fit your S3.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The i9300 is GSM, it won't work on a CDMA network regardless of frequencies. The SPH-L710 (the Sprint version) is CDMA, it wouldn't have worked on TMobile.

Even assuming a phone that works on both networks, Sprint doesn't accept most non-Sprint phones on their network. (Verizon is slightly more liberal, but still has limitations.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user