Need Some Help Getting Strange Screen

herbmmm

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Two different times yesterday when I powered on my DI and I got a screen that Looked very strange! There was three droid figures at the bottom of the page and they looked like they were on scate boards! There was several lines at the top of the page one saying fast boot another factory reset etc. Not sure how I got this page as when I tried to duplicate my actions it didn't show up! The page wouldn't allow me to power down so I had to do a battery pull. This corrected the problem but it occurred one more time after I turned off phone and powered back up! Any ideas what is happening and how I can prevent this from occurring in the future. Very concerned about doing an accidental factory reset!

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
+1 to all the above. Pressing the volume keys while powering on the phone will take you into recovery mode.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
What they said ^^. If you hold the volume down button and then turn on the phone, it boots into recovery mode. It's like booting a PC into BIOS. Don't go there unless you have done your homework.

To quote Mr. Jobs, you're holding it wrong. :p

Last edited:

herbmmm

May 10, 2010
Visit site
What caused this to happen I think is I bought the cable to connect the phone to a TV. I connected the RCA jacks to my TV and then plugged in the Micro Jack to the phone(phone was on) Nothing happened so I unplugged the cable and started over. Still nothing so I gave up and I think I put the phone in standby and the next time I activated the phone that screen was there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya