Need some help sorting out wakelocks on the Note 3.

vojopd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Ok,I really need help.I was searching for issues for 10 days,and didn't find anything that could help me.
I have some wakelocks(audioout_2,connectivityservice,mmc2_detect,powermanagerservice_wakelocks) and i don't know how to get rid of them !
If anyone can look these photos and help me :/.
I am not using GPS,location disabled everywhere(googlesearch,location,in weather,I deleted FACEBOOK,and lowered the number of wakelocks,but still have them).
I am generally using phone for surfing,whatsapp(sometimes viber),youtube,etc.

Last edited:

vojopd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note 3 - wakelocks problem

I am using it normally,it isn't idle a lot.Battery can handle about one day with 5 hours usage(to 20%).But I have 1 hour of awake time...

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Hard to look at the pics again on mobile. I will look when I get home.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Have you rebooted the device? It may be possible that some process is stuck.

vojopd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

I did it couple of times,and it didn't help.I figured out audioout2_wakelock gets high when listening to youtube,then from sounds from whatsapp,viber,etc

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Not sure what else to suggest. Sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

I know this sounds cliche, but when something gets 'stuck' if a reboot doesn't work, I do a battery pull as well. I've never not had it work for me.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

vojopd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

Ok,I did a battery pull tonight,charged it while it was turned off,and will see results tomorrow !

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

If you are getting a day's worth of use with 5 hours screen on time and still have 20% left, what exactly are you stressing about???

anon(819941)

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

Agreed, perhaps those are not the absolute best stats, but they are more than reasonable!...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

vojopd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

That was once...actually I can't go over 5 hours on screen with full battery(and I should be able to get at least 5 hours,that would be reasonable. i am on 53% of battery,with 3:30 hours usage,almost a day on battery,and phone was about one hour and 11m awake.

vojopd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

I know this sounds cliche, but when something gets 'stuck' if a reboot doesn't work, I do a battery pull as well. I've never not had it work for me.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

Can I marry you man?Battery was amazing last day,it lasted about 2 days,with 5:30 hours on screen.And about 1h and 20 mins awake.That is really cool.And usage of os and system was about 10,11%.Today it is about 6 % each.Hope it gets better,and better.THANKS MAN !

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Can I marry you man?Battery was amazing last day,it lasted about 2 days,with 5:30 hours on screen.And about 1h and 20 mins awake.That is really cool.And usage of os and system was about 10,11%.Today it is about 6 % each.Hope it gets better,and better.THANKS MAN !

You're welcome. Glad it was an easy fix. :)

Jeffery Lutge

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site

The prongs on the bottem where u plug the phone in sf could be slipping under bend them up alittle I had this problem and I fixed it I'm so f****** happy

Posted via Android Central App

anon(819941)

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

I used to have this problem bad and it does come back every now and then... I have great battery life when it does not, though. The problem always gets fixed after a reboot. Here's what I got yesterday:

3yga6ege.jpg

yhemeqaj.jpg

Couldn't be happier!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

Nazty111

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed a massive difference in wake locks reducing when turning off location services completely. Standby time is great when it is switched off. But it wasn't needed prior to the latest firmware update.oh well, gotta put up with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nusaka