Need to retrieve data from broken S6

InsaneFurball

Sep 12, 2017
Visit site
Hey all.

Joined the forums with the hopes I could get some advice from you knowledgable folk.

Long story short; Girlfriend broke the screen on her S6. Digitizer is fine, LCD bled until it went black. Phone powers up fine.

Problem is i need to recover the photos from the phone, but its a lil difficult with no screen to view and USB Debugging turned off.

PC see's the phone, but can't access data. Keis can't access it either. However Fonelab/FonePaw/whatever the hell are the other reskinned versions of the same program are CAN see the photos stored (with previews) via their broken android utility, but want a princely sum of $50 to extract them.

So obviously the files are accessable to a point, but is there a way to extract them without having to fork out $50?

I have had the phone in and out of download/odin mode about 20 times so thats not an issue, is there a way i can access the photos via the SDK or ADB via download mode, or even another way?

Thanks!

InsaneFurball

Sep 12, 2017
Visit site
Unfortunately google photos wasn't setup neither was Samsung backup etc.

When you plug it into a PC it shows up as a device in My Computer/This PC but when you go into it it doesn't show any folders like DCM etc, so its not connecting as a storage device... which will be down to no usb debugging and not being connected through Keis previously.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
If the digitizer works you can always try and get to the settings by mirroring movements on another phone or watching a video/viewing photos and hoping you press the right spot.

May be relatively easy to press what you need to screen mirror it if you have a smart tv, or use Miracast to a windows 10 computer.

Installing sidesync on a computer might work.

InsaneFurball

Sep 12, 2017
Visit site
Im pretty sure I could get to the apps but i doubt i'd be able to navigate to settings as she had a bunch of apps installed that would have thrown off the order of the icons within apps, so even if i had 2 phones side by side, i don't think I could get to where i needed to be by mirroring whats on another device.

If the S6 had video out it would have been endlessly helpful.

I really think my best option is to try and recreate whatever fonelab does to access files when usb debugging is off, I just don't know what that is lol.

Last edited:

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Install Side Sync on a Pc, then push sidesync to the phone via google play. Once you're sure it's installed, plug in to PC with sidesync active. If I remember correctly this will cause the phone to open the sidesync app. There should be videos on youtube how to setup sidesync 4.0. Once done, you'll have the option on the PC side to enable showing phone screen on the PC. you can drag and drop from the phone screen to thr PC afterwards.

Then remember to always install and run Sidesync once on every Samsung you buy.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance