Netflix 15001 error

gti5notrkt

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Installed clean on N7.2 and got a 15001-cannot connect to network error. Tried clearing cache and deleting/reinstalling and same error. Any suggestions?

Jon.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Same problem until I cleared data. Had to reenter netflix email and password but all was well after I did that.

Posted via Android Central App

gti5notrkt

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Same problem until I cleared data. Had to reenter netflix email and password but all was well after I did that.

Posted via Android Central App

Already done that. Cleared cache AND cleared data. Also tried deleting the app and re installing. Rebooting didn't help.

At a total loss.

RCicale

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Had the 12001 error today. Went online on Netflix website and initiated a chat with a tech. He advised to go into settings, apps, Netflix then clear data. That worked for me. But try the help chat on Netflix website. They are very helpful.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

dancrawford44

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Having the same problem. Tried the same solutions. No help. Netflix suggested I delete all my apps. Is that necessary? I spent a lot of time researching apps and download them.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Was having that issue and I cleared cache cleared data and forced app, logged back in and all is working fine now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Stamponephoto

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a nexus 7 (2013) rooted and unlocked, running 4.3 my Netflix is 4.2.1 build 950.
Every time I open the app I immediately get 15001 error and can go no further. I have tried clearing the data, uninstalling, and rebooting. Nothing has changed... Any ideas?

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing we have to wait for Netflix to fix the issues they have with Android 4.3. Force closing allows me to watch movies but eventually when I go back to watch something else it gives the error and I have to restart.

log_jammin

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here. Cleared data, cleared cache and that didn't work. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Same message every time "Sorry we could not reach the Netflix service.... (15001).

scsw_cdj

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I had this same error (15001) with a brand new Nexus 7 (2013). I contacted Netflix support last evening and they were less than helpful. I uninstalled the Netflix app and went back to the Google Play Store to re-install it. I noticed that the page for Netflix app indicates that it is necessary to have the latest updates for the Nexus 7 HD. Since I had nothing to lose in doing the update, I went through the update process on the tablet (updated from the build that came on the tablet, JWR66N, to JSS15J), re-installed the Netflix app, and it now connects and runs just fine! I hope this addresses the problem that you are having.

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I have not seen this error yet. I do have trouble trying to resume a movie after pausing for an extended time or backgrounding the app. Usually it won't resume unless I kill the app. When it's like this, the app also gets pretty unresponsive to taps, and the keyboard is delayed opening when tapping a text field.

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Since I had nothing to lose in doing the update, I went through the update process on the tablet (updated from the build that came on the tablet, JWR66N, to JSS15J), re-installed the Netflix app, and it now connects and runs just fine! I hope this addresses the problem that you are having.

Mine was upgraded to JSS15J the day I bought it, so that doesn't fix the problem everyone.

Stamponephoto

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I was able to solve my issue by updating my build. I found a "stock" build here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2382965
I just downloaded the zip then boot into recovery (twrp) and flash the aforementioned zip. Worked like a charm. I think I could actually have just got it directly from AOSP but either way, this works just fine. Though I just read that there is a new build pushing out today, to fix the phantom touch bug.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay