Netflix destroys battery

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Does it really drains anybody else's battery? I used it for a little under 2 hours I'm down to 66% wasn't sure if that's normal or not. I was streaming with my slimport to my TV if that matters.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

fishepa

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
The battery doesn't last 9 to ten hours like Google says. I typically will get around 6-7 if I watch any videos or play games.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Google's 9 - 10 hours is based on general screen use which includes email, web browsing, etc. Watching movies will use more power and games even more.

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
The battery doesn't last 9 to ten hours like Google says. I typically will get around 6-7 if I watch any videos or play games.

That's typical of all devices and quoted times. With videos, if you are streaming them, that is much more taxing than viewing them if they are stored locally. So if they are local, turn off WiFi and that will save your battery life. Screen brightness is also a major factor, so if you are watching local videos with WiFi off with a brightness of 40% or so, you can get 8-9 hours.

Games are a whole other ball of wax, especially 3D games; you will never get the 9 hours playing games.

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I've found that Netflix does drain the battery fairly quickly but no more than a graphics intensive game like Riptide GP2. It is playing HD video while streaming it after all.

As far as airplane mode goes, it shouldn't really matter since there is no cellular radio. Just turn off Bluetooth, NFC, and GPS if you're that worried about battery life.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Netflix would drain my battery quite a bit as well. Much more than my iPad. But not only that, but just web surfing and texting and Facebook with no intense apps running, I get only about 6 hours of screen time. Which I don't think is very good.

Also when I'm not using it it drains quite a bit.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastura24