Netflix has arrived.

repligator

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi. Can The app be downloaded from the Market or do I need to follow the above link?

There is a way to get it from the market at android.com but it is much easier to use the link above. It is from a trusted source. it is not available through the market app on your phone.

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Im assuming based on what you said here that he did the full Gingerbread update via the htc website rather than waiting for the OTA update. The full update will wipe out your data uincluding apps. The only way to get apps back is to reload them. He should be able to see his apps in the market by logging in to the market using the email that he originally used to get them in the first place. (Menu>Accounts)

I am waiting for the OTA update to avoid losing data.

You might want to check one of the Gingerbread update threads in this forum to see what others have done.

This not entirely true. Yes it does a wipe but as soon as you sign into Google it downloads everything or it should. Apps, calendar, email and contacts all should sync. Did for me.

peaglock

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I have tried downloading this directly from my phone. However, I am experiencing problems in the form of a message. The message reads, "For security, your phone is set to block installation of applications not obtained from Android Market." It also gives two options, a settings and a cancel option. How can i get rid of this block?

Can anybody help me with this? I'd greatly appreciate it.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I have tried downloading this directly from my phone. However, I am experiencing problems in the form of a message. The message reads, "For security, your phone is set to block installation of applications not obtained free om Android Market." It also gives two options, a settings and a cancel option. How can i get rid of this block?

Can anybody help me with this? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Have you received the unknown sources update, or the gingerbread update? If not, you will need to sideload the app.

peaglock

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I just bought my phone yesterday. I'm unsure if I have received either of those two updates. What does it mean to sideload the app? Thanks for the help.

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I just bought my phone yesterday. I'm unsure if I have received either of those two updates. What does it mean to sideload the app? Thanks for the help.

Yes, you would need the Sideload Wonder Machine (or something like that) to get the app right now.
Alternately (better way), you could install HTC Sync and install the Gingerbread update from htc.com (or hit HTC WiFi update button under settings and hope the update is there). The update will then allow you to go to settings/applications and then turn on unknown sources, then you can install Netflix from the first post.

dMin

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I've tried downloading this and this is wut I get from the link..

Error (404)

We can't find the page you're looking for. Check out our FAQ or forums for help. Or maybe you should try heading home..

Any help would b appreciated

The Architect

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I think I have found the most user friendly way to install netfix:

1. Get the 3rd party apps update (you did that already, right? Good)
  2. Download the .apk from the link at the start of this thread
  3. Park the .apk in your dropbox from your mac/pc
  4. Open the .apk from dropbox on your Inspire. The phone will automatically detect the install and do its thing.
  5. watch & enjoy netflix

Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332