Netflix?????????

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I understand Netflix is getting closer to enabling streaming video direct to smart phones, but it's not there yet (at least as of yesterday). So, keep checking. Can't wait, personally. Love it to my TV and computer (instant viewing) via wifi.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
both ios and wp7 have dedicated official netflix apps that work great over wifi 3g they both look rather grainy so its great for viewing around the house or airport but not really while driving in the car. i really wonder what is taking so long for it to hit android.

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
An article awhile ago suggested that fragmentation was part of the problem with getting it to Android. The variety of devices made designing in security hard. Netflix has to maintain the confidence of the studios to keep getting new movies!

I suspect that if we see Netflix on Android it will be supplied by the phone company a bloat ware.

Sent from my Sprint EVO using Tapatalk

CBMC

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Really one of the few things that apple has on android. My wife has a ipod touch and the netflix looks good on wifi, I can tether from my android and it sometimes works (if I have a strong 3g connection).

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

irish22022

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
security issues. I read somewhere that it will be available soon but only on certain brands (I believe LG was one of them... Motorola was not one).

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
For driving in the car? Yeesh... Please don't leave Jersey if you're driving around and watching videos.

Sorry that came out wrong i would never drive and watch movies trust me i have a class b cdl with ps and L endorsements i am in the transportation business i never watch movies text or talk on the phone while i drive. i was just referring to passengers in the car, or riding as a passenger.

Last edited:

awesomo4308

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Why does security matter so much? You're already paying $10+/mo so its not like you are going to pirate what you can stream anyways.

Sent from my Epic 4g using Tapatalk.

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
It all seems fishy to me. A lot of the Android phones and Tablets have way more horsepower than iPhones/iPods/iPads, and the open OS should allow way more flexibility for the Netflix devs to implement any kind of DRM code they want.

Something else must be going on.

kamtsa

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Why does security matter so much? You're already paying $10+/mo so its not like you are going to pirate what you can stream anyways.

Sent from my Epic 4g using Tapatalk.

It is to prevent you from making and distribute a verbatim digital copy. Typically the security is required by the copyright owners.

awesomo4308

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
It is to prevent you from making and distribute a verbatim digital copy. Typically the security is required by the copyright owners.

Well isn't pretty much everything on the internet anyways. People who want something illegally are going to get it, wouldn't the potential income from new people subscribing to netflix because they can stream Lost on their phone's going to outweigh the 0 newly created pirates.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Seems like they could just set the quality so it's suitable for a phone but not really worth pirating.

But, hell, once something hit's Netflix streaming it's already out on digital release and Blu-ray so people ripping a mobile stream should be the least of their worries.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastura24