New Firmware update = New Market

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Well, new Market is kind of crappy IMO. It's just a blown up version of the phone market. The previous one was a lot better designed. Another problem with the new one is that it opens up blank; I need to perform a search to show any apps. I guess that's related to regional restrictions...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

erjennin

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone noticed any performance improvements? I'm recently flashed the ICS ROM b/c the stock ROM is too slow. I'm wondering if this is worth going back.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Well, new Market is kind of crappy IMO. It's just a blown up version of the phone market. The previous one was a lot better designed. Another problem with the new one is that it opens up blank; I need to perform a search to show any apps. I guess that's related to regional restrictions...

Right, but it actually gives you music now.

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Ooh this is fun! New Market gets me a blank opening page from my home's or my office Wi-Fi. I get the proper opening page with all the categories if I tether from my phone. Bah, this just reaffirms that I'm done with skinned Android products. Pure Google Android from now on!

dylan808

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I really wish they would release a statement about when we are getting ICS

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Me too. Sammy's always been a little (and I'm using the term little VERY loosely) vague about device updates. They said Q1 a few months ago but haven't said anything else since then to my knowledge.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Ooh this is fun! New Market gets me a blank opening page from my home's or my office Wi-Fi. I get the proper opening page with all the categories if I tether from my phone. Bah, this just reaffirms that I'm done with skinned Android products. Pure Google Android from now on!

I get this too but it eventually works. You need to wait for about 1-2 minutes and then it'll load. It actually freezes the whole tablet during that time too.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Me too. Sammy's always been a little (and I'm using the term little VERY loosely) vague about device updates. They said Q1 a few months ago but haven't said anything else since then to my knowledge.

I hate to say it but I'm really eyeing a tf prime right about now. I'm a huge samsung fan however it seems ASUS has there stuff together and I also love ASUS

dylan808

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I hate to say it but I'm really eyeing a tf prime right about now. I'm a huge samsung fan however it seems ASUS has there stuff together and I also love ASUS

Yeah the Prime sure looks tempting. However I just got my Tab so I'm strained on the funds lol. But it might give me time to see what else other companies will bring to the market.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anastasia40