New Hello From New To Everything in NC!

eventer79

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Yep, finally had to break down & do the walk of shame to touchscreen land, LOL -- long story. But wanted to post a greeting & a THANK YOU in advance for all the helpful information here. While not new to the depths of PC/web design ("trial by google"), the whole Android thing/computer phone is a puzzling new place & my brain is already tired!!

I just said a sad goodbye to my long-faithful Samsung Alias 2 (holy crap, that was a great phone) yesterday & activated a new Sony Z3v (where I live & work, you better be on Verizon & waterproof was very important to me!). I did manage to send a text & a screenshot, although I'm still yelling at its failure to recognize that "Me" & "Myself" are the same person, ROFL.

But begrudgingly I must adapt -- my priorities are calls/texts & sending quick messages for my blog via Twitter/FB, obsessively monitoring the weather (I live & work outside, LOL), & trying to keep up with email, so I hope to keep things streamlined... Thanks again for all who contribute to this resource!!:)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello and welcome aboard!...and thank you for your kind comments. That's a mighty good phone you've upgraded to. ☺

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. How long have you had the Sony?

From my G4
Android Central Ambassador Team Leader

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to AC. Don't worry, my wife avoided smartphones for years and years. She finally got one and honestly can't put it down. not because of the phone but because of what a SmartPhone can do for her. Email, web, games, etc. She just never wanted one and now that she has one. Bam, she loves it :)

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums at Android Central!

Enjoy and have fun with the new device!

Sent From my Gold Platinum Galaxy S6 Edge

eventer79

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Wow, thank you all so much for all the welcomes!! :D I've survived four whole days so far, ROFL, without throwing the phone at a wall (although this may be largely due to the fact that I am poor) -- it took two of them just to streamline & shut down/get rid of all the background junk. I do already miss being able to fold it in half, sigh, it's not exactly easy to figure out where to carry it on the tractor without sitting on it, but c'est la vie!

Slowly working it out, though, & am thus far pretty happy with the performance of the phone itself (it's running 4.4.2, I think?). Every now & again I uncover a nice little hidden touch, which helps ease the transition. Now I just need to find a good calf-strap case for when I'm on the horses!!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

You will enjoy the phone, it isn't as complicated as it seems at first. Hopefully you do better than my mom. I got her a smartphone a few weeks ago so she didn't have to call me for addresses for GPS when traveling or make hotel reservations on the net for her. Well she traveled last week and called me for addresses for her GPS and to make hotel reservations. It isn't going well for us yet lol

eventer79

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
LOL, my mom did the same thing last year. I had to show her how to use the GPS on her phone (I may hate them, but I do know how to use them, heh) so she would stop calling me all freaked out being lost!

I've made my peace with the giant brick & found some useful things I like very much (and the waterproof part has already paid off in spades, answering calls in the middle of the swamp [work] in the rain!!). Now that it's streamlined, battery life is FANTASTIC & got a wireless charger from Yootech which has to be one of the best inventions ever.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zigzagchamber