New HTC Inspire 4G has 3G sim card!

Hypnopottamus

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
As far as unlimited data goes, it DOES transfer over. However, I would make sure that it does when you do get your phone. Don't assume it will automatically transfer. Specifically ask to see that it did!

njr

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Also make sure you are on a 4G plan or you will not get data. These plans exactly mirror all the 3G plans including the unlimited one but it is a different billing code and needs to be on the phone. As stated the SIM right now doesn't matter but the new SIM will be a 4G LTE ready one.

Garz

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine is on a old 3G sim card. i thought that was strange and went back to Att and they said either sim card will work the same

clintrojan

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Since the Inspire is not a LTE compatible device (as no other AT&T device currently is as well) then it really doesn't matter anyways does it?

mackie99

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes the iPhone 4 does have a Micro Sim. You will need to get a new sim when you get your HTC iNspire as I did.

No, you do not need to get a new sim. I'm using my iPhone 4 sim with an adapter in my Inspire. The iPhone data plan works with the Inspire.

shaee

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
No, you do not need to get a new sim. I'm using my iPhone 4 sim with an adapter in my Inspire. The iPhone data plan works with the Inspire.

Yep it works, but when the backhaul is implemented you'll need the new sim to get the hspa +speeds. Per AT&T.

I walked in the store, they said I needed the new sim which was unavailable during launch.

netposer

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Yep it works, but when the backhaul is implemented you'll need the new sim to get the hspa +speeds. Per AT&T.

I walked in the store, they said I needed the new sim which was unavailable during launch.

The folks at the store were wrong. I was getting those new SIM cards a month before the launch of the Inspire.

vdub12

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my inspire on Thursday and was told by two separate representatives that I could not keep my unlimited data plan and had to chose a different one.

They said its because the unlimited plan is a 3G plan and is not available in a 4G plan and that the inspire required a 4G plan.

shaee

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my inspire on Thursday and was told by two separate representatives that I could not keep my unlimited data plan and had to chose a different one.

They said its because the unlimited plan is a 3G plan and is not available in a 4G plan and that the inspire required a 4G plan.

They lied or didn't know what they were talking about. You can keep your unlimited but will need to change it to "Smartphone personal Unlimited", it has a different code in their system.

I came from a Blackberry and that's what they did. Search these forms and internet, you can keep the unlimited.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The manager had an internal memo from ATT Corp. that they need to change the sims.

Bullhockey. There is no difference whatsoever between the sim cards beside the design on the front. You could use a 3G sim in any of their "4G" phones, and you'd still get the same speeds.

If they are requiring a new sim, it has nothing to do with the network.

shaee

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Bullhockey. There is no difference whatsoever between the sim cards beside the design on the front. You could use a 3G sim in any of their "4G" phones, and you'd still get the same speeds.

If they are requiring a new sim, it has nothing to do with the network.

Same speed for now, but the 3G sim is not capable of the HSPA + speeds.
Are you saying you have a 3G sim and getting HSPA + ?

Hey I didn't write the memo, ATT did.

NativeTxn

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Same speed for now, but the 3G sim is not capable of the HSPA + speeds.
Are you saying you have a 3G sim and getting HSPA + ?

Hey I didn't write the memo, ATT did.

Still have yet to see a memo stating that the current 3G SIM cards won't be capable of HSPA+ speeds.

Have only seen anything stating that the new SIM cards are required for LTE once available.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know the definition of HSPA+ speeds? It is already apparent to me that the phone has no indication of HSPA+ (only HSDPA is shown for mobile network type). If anyone has any information to the contrary, please speak up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia