New Member Here. NEED HELP PLEASE!!

pranav.lpin

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I have it on t mobile but its aninternational and mine doesn't have a software update section in the settings I've chech re-checked and checked again. Could it be because it is rooted?

It's rooted, you on custom Rom, that's why I believe there's no software update section, you can then find the update on net,n manually flash it..

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

robthesixthree

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I have it on t mobile but its aninternational and mine doesn't have a software update section in the settings I've chech re-checked and checked again. Could it be because it is rooted?

If you're running custom roms, you should already be running an ice cream sandwich build or jelly bean for that matter so who gives a ish about an ota update. Just saying

flowburner8

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh ok i see. I'm not to good with all that rooted stuff but the phone was already like that when I bought it. would it be betterto unroot the phone and receive the update or just manually put it on?

pranav.lpin

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
You can manually flash it, or you can revert to stock to recieve the update, for stock ROM and boot.img and recovery.img
[ROM] HTC One X *STOCK* ROM | 2.17.401.2 | Ice Cream Sandwich | HTC Sense 4.1 - xda-developers

Else you can just flash an updated ROM, i'd recommend
Android Revolution HD([ROM] Android Revolution HD 10.3 | JB | High Quality & Performance | HTC Sense 4.5 - xda-developers)
or ViperX([ROM] 21.09 Team Venom viperX 2.7.1 - Sense 4.1 | orig. OTA | Tweaks | CPU Control - xda-developers)
Both are awsome and updated to the latest and tweaked with lots of customization available.

YfzMadness

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
QUESTION : Am I able to get the weather animation like the rain down the screen, lightning, snow etc when opening home screen out of sleep. ????

pranav.lpin

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Yup.. I think you will lose all your data, as you will have to super wipe to install the stock Rom..
But you can't just unroot by doing factory data reset, there would be step by step procedure for that. As per my opinion,I don't think you should unroot,just flash Amy sense based Rom...

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
As long as your using HTCs launcher, and not nova/apex etc. It'll be their along with the weather widget.

Sent from my Nexus 7

YfzMadness

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I like the HTC launcher but I don't like how you can continuously scroll or remove the dock and a cpl other things like transparent, etc.

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Yea I have it on.the HTC launcher. Was trying to see if I can get it on apex or nova. Are apex/nova/HTC launcher the best ones out?

Some widgets are coded to work with Sense only. So they won't work with Apex or Nova...
Best one is really subjective. Only you can decide for yourself. Personally I prefer stick Sense to any other launcher..

I like the HTC launcher but I don't like how you can continuously scroll or remove the dock and a cpl other things like transparent, etc.

You can get these in 3rd party launchers from the PS...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

YfzMadness

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Is their any other options for customization with the stock HTC ONE X launcher other than what options that come up?
Like I said I have both the nova and apex... I like the options the nova and apex have but wish I could have them on the stock HTC ONE X launcher.

YfzMadness

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
So, I think I'm going to go with the apex launcher. Have a question though, am I able to have the notification show up on the text message icon when I receive a message? It shows up in the notification bar up top bit not on my message icon on the home screen. Thanks for all your help with my newb questions!!!

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
So, I think I'm going to go with the apex launcher. Have a question though, am I able to have the notification show up on the text message icon when I receive a message? It shows up in the notification bar up top bit not on my message icon on the home screen. Thanks for all your help with my newb questions!!!

Nova launcher gives you unread counts. I don't think Apex does though....
The beta of Apex might...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burks