New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

MonsieurJohnny

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I just called. I asked if there was any new information regarding backorders. He said regular orders are in the process of shipping but he didn't have any new information regarding backorders.

Derek712

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Me too and this is the reply I got. I didn't get a backorder email.

Thank you for contacting Google Play. I understand that you're interested in receiving your devices. I know how frustrating that can be and I'm more than happy I was able to assist you.

If you ordered on 11/13, your order is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. If you haven't already received a shipping confirmation email that contains the tracking number, you should receive one by end of day today. However, please note that it can take up to 1 business day for the tracking number to be activated. Rest assured that once you receive your ship confirmation email with your tracking number, it is in the process of shipping for an estimated arrival of Tuesday, Nov. 20

Just called and got the same response as everyone else. In addition, they said US would get it tomorrow while Canada wouldn't be shipped out UNTIL tomorrow. The CSR was very energetic with her response. She put HEAVY emphasis that I will get it in my hand for sure tomorrow, as "Google has taken it up a notch to get things right." We shall see...

celliott96

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
hmm good point didn't realize that. Wait you only have 1 post... whats going on here?!?! haha
Haha I am kinda a noob on AC, but I can assure you that my post was absolutely true. I have no purpose to get people's hopes up or troll them, just call Google for your self and you will get the same response.

mlarco52

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Follow up email just received:

Lmao I just talked to a CSR named "Nicole" stated that American orders should have their devices in hand by tomorrow (tuesday) and Canadians devices will be shipping TOMORROW or hopefully have them thursday (not a holiday in Canada). I will be refunded my shipping charge also.

We'll see...not holding my breath as I've lost a lot of faith in google now.

Edit: She did state that those dates are only for orders that were received on Google by the 13th, and when she entered my account, although on my google play it shows the order date as updated to Nov 15, her side for some reason still shows the 13th.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I just spoke to Google regarding the back ordered email, and please see their reply below.

Hello Doug,
Thank you for contacting Google Play, I recently spoke with you about your order status. I have more information for you below
"Within 3 weeks" is the only guidance I can provide at this time. I?ll only know the scheduled delivery date when you receive an email notification that your order has shipped.

If you have anymore questions and or concerns please feel free to reply directly to this email where I'd be more than happy to be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Shaakira
The Google Play Support Team

slowman

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
This is all great news really. The fact they upgraded everyone to Next Day Air is good... I haven't received any back order emails, so hopefully mine is getting shipped. I won't believe any of this until tracking numbers start rolling out.

nikola80ser

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Too many brand new users with almost no posts are the ones corroborating this information. Is this merely trolling across multiple accounts?

I WANT TO BELIEVE.

I've opened account few minutes ago so I could share information I got from CSR. Since I've placed my order I was trying to get the answer from Google and I know how frustrating it can be, so as soon as I got info I've decided to share with others.

mlarco52

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Update

Here's the email I just got after speaking to a rep named "Nicole" stating that she just received information (earlier today couple hours ago) from whom ever her supervisors take orders from about this...

Thanks for contacting Google. It was a pleasure speaking with you today.

If you ordered on 11/13, your order is scheduled to ship tomorrow. If you haven't already received a shipping confirmation email that contains the tracking number, you should receive one by end of day today. However, please note that it can take up to 1 business day for the tracking number to be activated. Rest assured that once you receive your ship confirmation email with your tracking number, it is in the process of shipping.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to respond directly to this email or visit our help center at:
Contacting Support - Google Play Help

Regards,

Nicole
The Google Play Support Team

That shipping tomorrow is for Canadians, apparently America's have already shipped but there's a delay on tracking info as UPS has to route it to google then they have to reroute it to us.

Still not holding my breath...

celliott96

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Lmao I just talked to a CSR named "Nicole" stated that American orders should have their devices in hand by tomorrow (tuesday) and Canadians devices will be shipping TOMORROW or hopefully have them thursday (not a holiday in Canada). I will be refunded my shipping charge also.

We'll see...not holding my breath as I've lost a lot of faith in google now.

Edit: She did state that those dates are only for orders that were received on Google by the 13th, and when she entered my account, although on my google play it shows the order date as updated to Nov 15, her side for some reason still shows the 13th.
I think they did receive your order on the 13th, but the 15th is just when your order was updated. I think this because when you hover over "Date" on the top of the column, it says "When your order was last updated".

MonsieurJohnny

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Spoke to another representative. He said that they did get an e-mail from corporate saying that "Orders made on the 13th will start shipping tonight and be received by tomorrow". I then asked if there was any information about backorders and he said no and said to expect that in 3 weeks.

socaltyger

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus4 debacle progression:

sleepless anticipation >> excitement >> dumfounded >> shocked >> disturbed >> angry >> bitter >> jaded >> comical.

I am now at "comical" ... waiting to see what happens tomorrow when another set of empty promises are left undelivered.

FYI: Limbo status, ordered 8:35AM.

xeno3d

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with a CSR, she told me that if I ordered on 11/13 (everyone did) then it was scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I asked if my order had been upgraded to overnight shipping, and she said yes. Glad Google is finally trying to make us happy. She definitely seemed to be almost reading off a script when I talked with her, don't know if that's a good or bad thing. Might be good since she isn't just making up a story to get me off the line. In the follow up email she does confirm this, so now we have something to hold them by. Here's the follow up email:

"Hello Clinton,

Thank you for contacting Google Play Support. I can understand how you wanted to know when you will receive your order. I'm glad I was able to assist you today.

If you ordered on 11/13, your order is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. If you haven't already received a shipping confirmation email that contains the tracking number, you should receive one by end of day today. However, please note that it can take up to 1 business day for the tracking number to be activated. Rest assured that once you receive your ship confirmation email with your tracking number, it is in the process of shipping for an estimated arrival of Tuesday, Nov. 20.

If you have any additional question please feel free to contact Google Play Support or click on the link below.
Contact Us - Google Play Help

Thank you,

Krista"

Did you have your order date change on the play store?

liltrixxy

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Like others here, I just spoke to a CSR and he sent me this follow up email (the same others have gotten) with the same info he told me on the phone.

Hello -----,

Thank you for contacting us.

If you ordered on 11/13 and you did not receive a backorder notification email, your order is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. If you haven't already received a shipping confirmation email that contains the tracking number, you should receive one by end of day today. However, please note that it can take up to 1 business day for the tracking number to be activated. Rest assured that once you receive your ship confirmation email with your tracking number, it is in the process of shipping for an estimated arrival of Tuesday, Nov. 20.

Thanks,

Paul

I am one of the early orderers who got a confirmation email with no follow up email and whose date changed to the 17th and then the 19th. Order still shows a 15th ship date in the play store and pending in wallet. Will follow up if I actually get a tracking number.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lee0909