New phone today!!

Michaelw1981

Nov 22, 2019
Visit site
Hey people,

Thanks to an amazing deal from O2 in the UK, I've practically picked up a P30 Pro for buttons. ive wanted this phone since it came out and can't wait to see the back of the frustrating battery life I've had to suffer from my Samsung S9.

My question is, is there any settings or changes you recommend I complete as soon as I receive the phone, to get the best out of it? Or even some basic advice that you would like to pass to a noob in the Huawei world? I will be carrying my Nova over to this phone, so the look should remain the same for me, but I've heard via various outlets that Huawei phones have some random quirks, that are unpleasant for the most part?

I've been a Samsung galaxy head, since I got rid of my iPhone about 8 years ago. I did dip my toes into the world of LG at one point, in the form of the G4, and what a mistake that was! It had to be returned to them multiple times for the boot error that plagued that modelof phone. Now I'm daring a switch again, and hopefully, from all the reading I've done, this seems a good one

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm a noobie. I got my P30 pro five weeks ago. I came from years of Nexus/Pixel phones so EMUI was a big change for me. If you have EMUI 10 it's a little more logical, for me, than EMUI 9. Some of the topics in the "settings" are totally foreign to me and I'm still struggling. But, I'm having fun. I'm close to doing a factory reset and starting over from scratch.
https://youtu.be/NUQA-2Fyqxo

I got the P30 pro for the camera. It's the opposite of the Pixel camera in the sense that a Pixel phone is the opposite of an iPhone. The camera is awesome but you'll have to do some work. With a Pixel, you get great, but limited, snapshots out of the box. Here's a couple of video links.
https://youtu.be/Xa_2AqsOTeA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware