New Phone

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I am giving my old Samsung Galaxy S5 to my wife. It'll be her first Smartphone.
If I FACTORY reset it before the change, will that affect my new Pixel 6 which I currently use. The Samsung still has all my data that's on the Pixel 6. Will the reset affect my present data that's on the Cloud. I don't want to mess up the data I've amassed during the past 10 years. Your thoughts please. Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using AC Forums mobile app

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
In factory resetting, you are making changes to what is on the phone, not to what is in Cloud storage. For example, Contacts will be wiped from the phone, but not from your Google account.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. That's a great relief. I was looking for a way to transfer my wife's contact info to the phone since her old phone has no SIM CARD.
She doesn't want to use the phone for other than Phone calls. Go Figure???

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's a good idea just to look through the S5's Download folder or SD card (using a file manager) to make sure there aren't any files there that you had saved to that phone only, that aren't also in the cloud.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. That's a great relief. I was looking for a way to transfer my wife's contact info to the phone since her old phone has no SIM CARD.
She doesn't want to use the phone for other than Phone calls. Go Figure???

Should be able to send them between phones using Bluetooth, most old flip and feature phones are capable of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37