New S4, please help

dfinke23

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Last Friday I switched to an S4 from an iphone, and have 14 days to return. After spending some time, it's pretty close to being setup how I want it to be, but there are a couple of things that are unnacceptable that I cannot figure out how to change:

The stock dialer / contacts app - I do not like the cartoon faces, and have too many contacts to put a generic pic in individually. I downloaded an iphone contacts app, but the caller id display was so small you couldn't read it. I then downloaded another dialer app but when I dial a call, or a call is connected, it defaults back to the stock dialer and the big cartoon face.
Any way to disable or uninstall the stock dialer without screwing things up so that the phone cannot be returned? Any way to get rid of the cartoon face and have text only?
Also, is there an app that combine the contacts, dialer, and visual voice mail? Seems silly to not have this combined.

Deleting text messages - when I "select all" of the text messages in a thread, it deletes the thread entirely. Is there a messaging app that deletes the messages only, without deleting the entire thread?

Thanks in advance

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Last Friday I switched to an S4 from an iphone, and have 14 days to return. After spending some time, it's pretty close to being setup how I want it to be, but there are a couple of things that are unnacceptable that I cannot figure out how to change:

The stock dialer / contacts app - I do not like the cartoon faces, and have too many contacts to put a generic pic in individually. I downloaded an iphone contacts app, but the caller id display was so small you couldn't read it. I then downloaded another dialer app but when I dial a call, or a call is connected, it defaults back to the stock dialer and the big cartoon face.
Any way to disable or uninstall the stock dialer without screwing things up so that the phone cannot be returned? Any way to get rid of the cartoon face and have text only?
Also, is there an app that combine the contacts, dialer, and visual voice mail? Seems silly to not have this combined.

Deleting text messages - when I "select all" of the text messages in a thread, it deletes the thread entirely. Is there a messaging app that deletes the messages only, without deleting the entire thread?

Thanks in advance

Hi!

I posted a reply in your other thread. http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...questions-thinking-returning.html#post3029902

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp