New SD fixed my phone

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I was having a ton of overheating, slow downs, battery drain and other glitches. Read a few places that it could be an old sd card causing it. Upgraded from an old 32 to a new Samsung 64gb card and everything seems to be running smoothly again.

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Maybe the card was damaged or it had corrupted files. That can cause the Media Scanner to go haywire sometimes. Just look out for strange processes shooting up in your battery report to make sure you're not copying the same corrupted file again.

lions_lair

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I had similar issues when I got the note3. I unmounted the sd card, rebooted the phone, remounted the sd card, rebooted the phone, and all has been well for 10 months.

Sent from my Note3, using, Crapatalk

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I was having a ton of overheating, slow downs, battery drain and other glitches. Read a few places that it could be an old sd card causing it. Upgraded from an old 32 to a new Samsung 64gb card and everything seems to be running smoothly again.

Good to hear!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Samsung can't do SD Cards properly. Especially when it comes to SanDisks. I know, a lot of people haven't had issues. In my own experience, every single Samsung device I've owned (and a couple from friends) has corrupted or fried an SD card at some point, and most of them were SanDisk ones. There's even a SanDisk RMA out there that all you had to do was say you had a Samsung phone and they'd replace any SD card made before 2012, no further questions asked.

I learned my lesson on the Note 4 (finally), and which is why the lack of SD Cards on the Note 5 wasn't something I'd miss.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Samsung can't do SD Cards properly. Especially when it comes to SanDisks. I know, a lot of people haven't had issues. In my own experience, every single Samsung device I've owned (and a couple from friends) has corrupted or fried an SD card at some point, and most of them were SanDisk ones. There's even a SanDisk RMA out there that all you had to do was say you had a Samsung phone and they'd replace any SD card made before 2012, no further questions asked.

I learned my lesson on the Note 4 (finally), and which is why the lack of SD Cards on the Note 5 wasn't something I'd miss.

My experience with SD cards is vastly different to yours. I once had a dodgy SanDisk card that my S4 mini would not recognise and that is about it. From my S, S2, S4, S5, S5 mini, A5 and Note4 I have had no problems at all with the SD cards in them. So one out of eight isn't bad. And I just swapped the failing SanDisk for a Samsung SD card and all was fine.

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I think that might have been the trick: Samsung cards with Samsung phones. I never tried Samsung ones because, well, they are usually more expensive than other trusted brands.

The only Samsung Device that hasn't fried a card (so far) is my Tab S, and I only use the card for movies or pictures I already have elsewhere (just in case). Strangely enough, the last 3 cards that got damaged, only did so right after upgrading to a newer phone. They used to be just fine, popped into the new phone, and BAM! Corrupted files within two days.

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
This is crazy. I bought a 128gb card on eBay and my phone went crazy. Bought a new 64 GB (authentic) and everything is better. All this week.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Update... Still getting hot. I dunno why.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-16-17-16-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-16-17-16-16.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 25

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
have you try factory restore? also could be apps that you're running that could be causing the over heating probably not closing properly and memory leak. I'm using samsung micro sd 64mb pro. It's been over a year now not a single issue. knock on wood.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo