New to Android can I Instant message IOS users???

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So anyone I know that uses vtok on a apple device when I try to video chat them it will not work unless they have the vtok app pulled up looking at it on their phone its like it will not wake up when running in the background any idea???

Weird, if I "call" my iPad from my son's Nexus 7 it works perfectly.

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Also, Google+ works great for video hangouts between Android and iOS...

It's funny... we couldn't get Facetime to work between two of our iDevices so we grabbed Google+ from the Apple App store and it worked perfectly on both iDevices... funny...

Back to your question...

Another option is Google Talk, Google's take on iMessage... although I couldn't find an official iOS Google Talk app, I did see 3rd party apps that advertised Google Talk compatibility...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

The Talk App on iOS works perfect as well on the iPad, it talks great with Google Talk on Android.

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Nobody really uses this though

Actually only one person has to use it besides yourself... the person you want to chat with...

So if a husband and wife want to chat, they could be the only two people on the planet that use it and it would work fine ...

In other words, if a person is looking for an app to chat with specific people who they can coordinate with, popularity of an app is irrelevant.... right?

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
just searched for it I do not seem to find it would you mind being more specific on the ios app name?

If you search for Google Talk in the Apple App store it will show you the Google Talk compatible apps ... I don't believe that there is an official Google app on iOS..

Sonicaholic

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I use LilyPad by tablified apps at present it only supports gtalk & Facebook but he has stated to me that he's looking into adding other for future updates. It's perfect for my use and as it's a floating im client its perfect for tablets as you can pop it over anything else your doing.

Sent from a fellow Androidians Xoom ^_^

Jaimoto81

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes, there are lot of apps that allow multi-platform IM (Skype, Viber, WhatsApp, Google+), and there are good news for developers, If you are keen to build multi-platform solutions you can use QuickBlox, a backend cloud service with modules such a chat, users, location, ratings, messaging for multiple mobile platforms (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry).

Check the API and play with the code.

Best Regards,

Jaime

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
A while back Apple announced that iMessage was going to be an open standard... back in 2010 or 2011 I think...

Nothing has been said about it since...

Go ask Apple why...

gcaver2

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I use kik for instant messaging from my Android to the grandkids apple ipods and my daughter's iphone. Works fine.

Gcaver2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe