New to Android - Xiaomi Mi 11 or OnePlus 8 Pro

powdrdtoastman21

Mar 1, 2021
Visit site
Hi everyone.

I’m in the market for a new smartphone and after having an iPhone for about 6 years I’m looking to move to an android phone for my next purchase. I’ve narrowed down my choice to 2 phones: the Xiaomi Mi 11 or the OnePlus 8 Pro. My primary reasons for these options being the displays (120hz, 1440p) and the price point/price-to-performance ratio. I was initially leaning more toward the Mi 11 because of the gorilla glass Victus on the display, newer chipset and newer model however I’ve recently been reading accounts of poor battery life (comparatively), overheating issues, and memory management issues. Now I’m pretty torn between the two.

I was hoping that those of you who have had more experience with these 2 companies and/or these particular models may be able to weigh in and give me some advice or recommendations. For what it’s worth, I don’t usually do heavy gaming on my phone (maybe some light) and tend to use it more for multimedia, messaging, social apps and camera.

Thank you all in advance for anything you can share.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
My friend just got the Mi 10T pro and absolutely loves it. The cameras are phenomenal. If the Mi 11 is anywhere near as good it sounds like a winner. The OP 8 cameras are not nearly as good.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards