New to AW - Just Got a new ZenWatch 2

twis

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi everybody.

Just picked up a Zen Watch 2 and have some questions. I am using it with a Blackberry Priv. Got the device all synced up with no problem and very happy with it so far. Just want to learn how to make it more productive. 90% of what I have seen so far seems to focus on the watch face.

1) I like the way new notifications (BBM, Text, E-Mail) show up on the ZW2. but can I / how do I review older messages? On the Blackberry I love the Hub which allows me to see all of my messages in one place. Is there an app like this for AW / ZW2 that lets me scroll through all of my different messages?

2) With respect to the watch face, I am using what came with the ZW2. One of the pieces of information I want on the watch face is the weather at home. Right now the only way weather (temp) is shown is if I have location services enabled on my phone. I just want to set a location and have that temp show up on the watch face. Location services is a largely unnecessary service on my phone day to day.

3) Do apps remain active on the ZW2? Similar to android phones, is there a way to see and close active aps to improve performance / battery life, or is closed on the watch mean it is actually closed?

4) When I open the ZenWatch Manager it shows I have 5 Apps and lists only the Asus apps. but when I swipe left on my watch I have dozens of apps, many of which, like Google Hangouts, I will never use. How do I remove these from my choice of apps?

4B) Is there a good "launcher" that I can put on the phone that allows me to have quick access to the 5-10 apps I use the most. Not sure yet what they will be.

5) What are the must have productivity apps to get the most out of my new toy/tool?

Thanks

Twis

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej