New to Droid

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Hey, Sorry for the Newbie question. I just got the Droid after suffering for a year with the Storm 1.
Seems that this phone is much faster but I am confused by the Gmail and the Sync functions.
I have windows 7 and am using Windows Live Mail and want to sync contacts and callendar.
Is this phone capable of that?
Do I need to pay for Outlook?

cjallen1#AC

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Does Google Sync Work with the Droid?

I just ordered a Droid as well upgrading from the Storm 1. It was suggested on Crackberry that I use Google Sync to upload my contacts from my Storm to my Google account and then from the account to my Droid. Will this work? If so, how do I go about doing it? Any other options like taking both into the VZW store and maybe they can do it? Thanks, Chuck

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure if you bring your old phone and your new one into the store they can easily transfer the contacts for you and then they'll sync to your Google account.

lpio

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I just ordered a Droid as well upgrading from the Storm 1. It was suggested on Crackberry that I use Google Sync to upload my contacts from my Storm to my Google account and then from the account to my Droid. Will this work? If so, how do I go about doing it? Any other options like taking both into the VZW store and maybe they can do it? Thanks, Chuck

Before activating your Droid, download the google sync app on your BB Storm. Sync your contacts (if you only want your contacts transfered), it basically uploads to google contacts. You can even do any edits online if you want. I believe you also need a google account, I already had one so this was pretty simple. Then, when you activate your Droid, you sync your google account (pushes all the info to your Droid) and "presto", your contacts will be on your Droid. Hope this helps.

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Still want to sync droid to Windows live mail

When I got my droid, the fine folks at Verizon Wireless did the G-mail sync thing so my droid has the contacts.
What I want to know is how do I sync my contacts to my PC.
I have Windows live mail on Windows 7.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
the droid on its own isn't designed to sync with your pc.

aside from using software to force it (like the post above) you can also just export a csv from gmail's contacts and then import them to live mail.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
srms