New to Samsung Pay

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've never used Samsung Pay but now that physical contact with cash or even touchpad card machines is a potential source of death I'd like to try Samsung Pay.

My question is can I use it without first arranging my checking account to be available on line? I have a major Bank VISA card I'd like to use but I don't know if I need to make any arrangement with the bank first or merely feed my info into Samsung Pay?

I'm sure there is already a thread on this somewhere but after 30 minutes of searching on my phone I decided to do it here.

Any tips from experienced users are appreciated!

Thanks!

Hosehead

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Just add the card to samsung pay. It will go through the steps to validate so you can use. I am sure there are plenty of guides you can find by Googling it.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
all you need to do is to add the card, it will verify the card with your bank with a code, and that is all. you do not need to have an online bank account nor need to contact your bank before hand. However your bank must support samsung pay. You don't have to call to find out. just add your card. It will tell if the bank supports it or not.

Cynthia Johnston

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
It's just like setting up G Pay, it just allows the on-phone magnetic transmitter to send out the pulse. If you've done it - and it sounds like you have - the process is essentially identical.

BKKunz

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Samsung pay for year now and I haven't seen any tap and go readers. You'll still need to input your pin and answer the usual questions on the card reader. However, it does come in handy if you forgot your bank card.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been using it for the last few years with two of my credit cards. I'm in the US and I primarily use Samsung Pay at the Safeway grocery store and Costco. Since I also have a Samsung Gear Sport watch, I use it to do the tap n go transaction instead of pulling out my phone. Very handy.

Cynthia Johnston

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I've been using Samsung pay for year now and I haven't seen any tap and go readers.

With the Note9, ALL readers are stop-and-go! The Note9 has a magnetic transmitter along with the NFC so as long as you put it within the range of the swipe slot, it'll transmit like a card swipe.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've been using it for the last few years with two of my credit cards. I'm in the US and I primarily use Samsung Pay at the Safeway grocery store and Costco. Since I also have a Samsung Gear Sport watch, I use it to do the tap n go transaction instead of pulling out my phone. Very handy.

That does sound really handy - or hand-less, almost! 🤣

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Anybody try it with the new Samsung Active Watch? Easier or harder than using phone?

watches are easier, don't have to pull out the phone. though I don't have the active watch, I believe it works the same as the other samsung watches. the only time I use my phone is when I need to use mst.