New update pushing out to Rezound on West Coast as of 8/12/2012

blackbyrd

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: New update pushing out to Rezound on West Coast as of 8/12/20

@HES, your last reference ,101st, will be lost on most who weren't/aren't prior military. Hooah!

BrentA

May 29, 2012
Visit site

I'm in the same place. I think we're going to have to flash, but I don't think there is a flash that works for us yet because we don't have S-off. I could be wrong.

Sent from my Rezound

In looking at the instructions over XDA, it looks like we flash the original .12 file from Android Police after re-locking...then flash the new OTA patch? Here are the instructions:

1. Install the ICS OTA full firmware.
2. Boot it up at least once. I skipped setup and just let it boot.
3. Extract the firmware.zip out and rename to PH98IMG.zip. (Don't remove it, just extract a copy.)
4. Place the PH98IMG.zip on the SDCard.
5. Rename the entire package to Update.zip and put it on the SDCard.
6. Reboot to recovery (which should now be stock.)
7. Press vol up and power.
8. The update will start and patch your files.
9. The phone will reboot to HBOOT and load the PH98IMG.zip file you put there.
10. Vol up to install.
11. PWR to reboot.
12. Profit!

Now a lot of people are having problems getting it flashed when I read through the thread, so I will probably wait until the dust settles if my thought process above is correct.

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
In looking at the instructions over XDA, it looks like we flash the original .12 file from Android Police after re-locking...then flash the new OTA patch? Here are the instructions:

3. Extract the firmware.zip out and rename to PH98IMG.zip. (Don't remove it, just extract a copy.)
10. Vol up to install.
11. PWR to reboot.
12. Profit!

Now a lot of people are having problems getting it flashed when I read through the thread, so I will probably wait until the dust settles if my thought process above is correct.

Thanks for taking the time to post this. I decided the same thing. I did go ahead and flash stock recovery, re-locked, and flashed the OTA (12) update again. Hoping maybe I will get the OTA. If not, the dust will have settled, things will be figured out and we'll have a clear and sound method to use. Right now it looks like hit or miss for people using this method. Mostly hit, but with my luck I'll get "borked" like the one guy did. :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

Recommendation:......STAY AWAY FROM THE XDA forum. You will read 15 pages of insults and doubters before you read anything substantial. So annoying.

Update is real and hopefully will be incorporated in a few roms, or simply rooted stock for us. It's amazing how I have to be reminded daily how many morons walk this earth.

This is true when the Razr/Razr Maxx had the leaked ICS there were 10+ pages saying it was fake and call the person all kinds of names till it got all installed and you could get it your self!

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
So has anyone gotten the patch? I'm sure its real just curious if they got the download pushed to there phone yet?

sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

BrentA

May 29, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for taking the time to post this. I decided the same thing. I did go ahead and flash stock recovery, re-locked, and flashed the OTA (12) update again. Hoping maybe I will get the OTA. If not, the dust will have settled, things will be figured out and we'll have a clear and sound method to use. Right now it looks like hit or miss for people using this method. Mostly hit, but with my luck I'll get "borked" like the one guy did. :)

By flashing the original .12, does that give you the stock recovery back? So it is as simple as re-locking and flashing .12, or do I have to flash the stock recovery first? Just making sure I understand exactly what you did to get back to stock.

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
By flashing the original .12, does that give you the stock recovery back? So it is as simple as re-locking and flashing .12, or do I have to flash the stock recovery first? Just making sure I understand exactly what you did to get back to stock.

I flashed stock recovery first. I think it messes you up off you don't. Then I re-locked. Then I flashed 12. I read somewhere that I should be able to get the OTA by doing this. We'll see. I used Hasoon2000 all in one toolkit. I downloaded the stock recovery from a thread somewhere and followed Hasoon2000's instructions to flash my recovery, then I used it to relock. I used it to unlock, perm root and flash Amon Ra originally. What a great tool for beginners. :)

BrentA

May 29, 2012
Visit site

I flashed stock recovery first. I think it messes you up off you don't. Then I re-locked. Then I flashed 12. I read somewhere that I should be able to get the OTA by doing this. We'll see. I used Hasoon2000 all in one toolkit. I downloaded the stock recovery from a thread somewhere and followed Hasoon2000's instructions to flash my recovery, then I used it to relock. I used it to unlock, perm root and flash Amon Ra originally. What a great tool for beginners. :)

Cool. Thanks. Do you remember where you downloaded the stock recovery from?

Reactions: djmikel

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site

If you just run the RUU, it puts you back to 100% stock. Hboot, recovery, rom, everything. Just make sure it starts, runs through the update once, reboots, then runs through the update a second time.

Reactions: corki2

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
If you just run the RUU, it puts you back to 100% stock. Hboot, recovery, rom, everything. Just make sure it starts, runs through the update once, reboots, then runs through the update a second time.

I thought you had to use stock recovery to flash the RUU. Can you do it from Amon Ra? If so I sure wasted a lot of time to achieve the same result. I did freak out when it rebooted and then started updating again. It was a long few minutes. :confused:

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site

Download the ruu.zip, rename to PH98IMG.zip, but it on the root of the sd card, boot to hboot, let it do it's thing. No recovery needed. This was how I flashed the .10 leak. After though, you have to reflash a custom recovery if your going to install any roms. Ohh, and you have to be locked to do any of this... almost forgot the most important step.

Reactions: corki2 and BrentA

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Download the ruu.zip, rename to PH98IMG.zip, but it on the root of the sd card, boot to hboot, let it do it's thing. No recovery needed. This was how I flashed the .10 leak. After though, you have to reflash a custom recovery if your going to install any roms.

I had Amon Ra recovery. When I held down the power and volume down buttons, I booted into Amon Ra. That's why I thought I had to flash the stock recovery first. It's there a way to get to hboot from Amon Ra recovery?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

Under the developer menu you should have reboot bootloader. If not, you can always boot to the bootloader from recovery or android using ADB. (adb reboot bootloader)

Reactions: corki2

PreceptorJR

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site

Download the ruu.zip, rename to PH98IMG.zip, but it on the root of the sd card, boot to hboot, let it do it's thing. No recovery needed. This was how I flashed the .10 leak. After though, you have to reflash a custom recovery if your going to install any roms. Ohh, and you have to be locked to do any of this... almost forgot the most important step.

Then whatdo you need to do to flash the update? I know how to flash the .12 update from Android Police, I did that week.

I'm rooted, S-on, .12 and I have Hansoon's toolkit.

Xenutastic

May 18, 2012
Visit site

I just relocked my device and flashed .12 (was running .5) just so I could get this global update. And, of course, after doing all that it says there are no new updates available. Has anyone gotten it yet?

Last edited:

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
I just relocked my device and flashed .12 (was running .5) just so I could get this global update. And, of course, after doing all that it says there are no new updates available. Has anyone gotten it yet?

I don't think it's being pushed to everyone yet.

BrentA

May 29, 2012
Visit site

Then whatdo you need to do to flash the update? I know how to flash the .12 update from Android Police, I did that week.

I'm rooted, S-on, .12 and I have Hansoon's toolkit.

I just re-locked using Hasoon Toolkit and flashed the .12 update. Everything is back to stock including the recovery...now I have to work up the cajones to flash the new OTA patch.

Here are the full instructions I posted last night in this thread that I copied from XDA (the steps above will get you through #2):

10. Vol up to install.
11. PWR to reboot.
12. Profit!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord