New Update

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Got it on my Sport wifi, too. Got the orange dot, the double tap to zoom (a little) on notifications, hour markers on some (Utility) ambient watch faces, ability to set from 15 seconds to 5 minutes full watchface timeout, weather auto updating, step counter seems to be counting WAY MORE accurately, etc. I'm pleased.

A0425A

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Got it on my Sport wifi, too. Got the orange dot, the double tap to zoom (a little) on notifications, hour markers on some (Utility) ambient watch faces, ability to set from 15 seconds to 5 minutes full watchface timeout, weather auto updating, step counter seems to be counting WAY MORE accurately, etc. I'm pleased.
Yup. Samsung is moving in the right direction. Even the little things like moving the send button on text messages from the top to the left and allowing S Voice to pause in the middle of dictating a text. I'm encouraged by this update.

My weather still isn't updating every hour.

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Yup. Samsung is moving in the right direction. Even the little things like moving the send button on text messages from the top to the left and allowing S Voice to pause in the middle of dictating a text. I'm encouraged by this update.

My weather still isn't updating every hour.

Agreed. They addressed a couple of the things that had me on the verge of giving up on the watch. I know it probably doesn't concern the majority of users, but I still think the vibration needs to be stronger.

There's an app in Android Wear called "Feel the Wear." It allows you to assign various vibration patterns to different notifications, ie. one buzz for calls, two for texts, etc. While I doubt that software can increase the vibration strength, I think having multiple pulses would help.

I emailed the developer, and he said he might develop the app for Tizen at some point in the future, but probably not soon. But it sounds like there at least might be hope.

Oh, and yes, my weather updating is still wonky. Comes and goes.

TreoRock

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed a significant improvement in battery life on my WIFI Sport Gear S2. Great work Samsung!

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(463177)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed a significant improvement in battery life on my WIFI Sport Gear S2. Great work Samsung!

Posted via the Android Central App

Same here. And it seems weather is mostly updating when it's supposed to. That's 2 out of 3 of my major complaints handled so SCORE!

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Gear S2 3G AT&T just got an update. Has the notification dot and screen timeout options.

Attachments

• 1462364074933.jpg
    1462364074933.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 68

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
got an update too for sprint. te only thing i noticed was 3 of my widgets sorta flipped to the opposite side of the screen. AND i think my alarm clock isnt working. 2xs my alarm didnt go off.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
got an update too for sprint. te only thing i noticed was 3 of my widgets sorta flipped to the opposite side of the screen. AND i think my alarm clock isnt working. 2xs my alarm didnt go off.
On my S1 to fix the alarm not working after the last update I deleted all alarms I had set, set them back up again and it has worked fine since then. I'd suggest try that before doing something stronger such as a factory reset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvltech