Newts OnE XxX RLS 1

mtbhk44

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
[Rom] Newts OnE XxX RLS 1 *LIVE!!!* (Sense 4 ICS 4.0.3) 5/30/2012 - xda-developers

This just came out on 5/30. I have to say, it's the FIRST Sense 4.0 ROM that has run correctly on my phone. No lag, no major bugs (that I've encountered) and battery life appears to be as good as or better than any of the 3.6 ROM's out there. If you are looking for a 4.0 ROM to run, give this one a try. I am actually surprised at how good it is. I am using it as my daily driver as of right now. Enjoy

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
The Sense 4.0 ROM's just keep getting better.

I've been on RezROM S4 for a while now and I've really been digging it.

mtbhk44

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
This one apparently was taken from the Droid Incredible HD dump (didn't know there was a dump out there yet). Possibly why it's sitting so nicely on this phone.

MikeG7265

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
It does run extremely smooth.....I am very impressed. I tried an earlier version, I think it was 2.1, and it was very laggy. I'm still using the old firmware also, will upgrading the fw make it any smoother?

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
And for those that don't know, newt's thread was erased from xda. Gotta go to his site now. HTC Rezound

I don't know what is going on behind the dev scene, but it seems to not be pretty.

NeoLogic

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to htc. I come from Samsung, so flashing is a lot different. Is there a way to flash the boot.img without a computer?
I'm running cleanRom which is ics anyway, so not sure if I even need to flash the boot.img to begin with.
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to htc. I come from Samsung, so flashing is a lot different. Is there a way to flash the boot.img without a computer?
I'm running cleanRom which is ics anyway, so not sure if I even need to flash the boot.img to begin with.
Thanks in advance.

With CleanROM, Scott scripts the kernel installs. You only need to have AmonRa 3.12 or better(and no mainver issues) for the script to work. Other than that you need a PC to flash the kernel manually.

NeoLogic

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
So the boot.img is the kernel? No way to flash that in recovery like I use to with the charge and nexus?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
So the boot.img is the kernel? No way to flash that in recovery like I use to with the charge and nexus?

Only if you're S-Off. S-On you need to use a PH98IMG.zip or flash it manually. Most ROMs were posting PH98IMG.zip's with their ROMs, but that may have changed since S-Off ..

NeoLogic

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm S-off with AmonRa. What do I do with this sense4_boot.img? I don't flash it like a zip within AminRa? I don't want to use a PC to install it.

dono222

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Ineffabilis v1.4 as my daily for a long time (awesome GB rom) from Chingy and Newt.

I would now like to try Newt's One XXX RLS1 as my daily, since he says it's very very stable but would like to verify the process so I don't brick or bootloop my phone.

So coming from GB Kernel 2.6.35.13 on Ineffabilis rom, I downloaded Newt's One XXX RLS1 and Sense4_boot.img.

I still have s-on and on CWM recovery. So this is what I plan to do:
1. Copy the One XXX RLS to my sd.
-reboot to recovery
-wipe data, system, and dalvik
-Flash rom
2. Rename Sense4_boot.img to boot.img
- put in the boot.img in the kernel folder on the BootImageFlasherRezound.zip (Auto Kernel Install for S-ON Unlocked Devices with MainVer Fix)
- install BootImageFlasherRezound.zip from recovery

Are there any steps I am missing to successfully flash this rom? (eg. I'm on GB, s-on, CWM recovery and never tried ICS yet. Do I need to update the RUU or do anything prior to 1 and 2 above?)

Update: From what I have read, don't update the RUU if I'm happy with my signal radios.

Do I still need to run the Old firmware patch on XDA in recovery? Is my understanding right or am I all screwed up in my understanding?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
How's this on battery life vs Pkmn, Ineffabilis with sense 3.6 and stock?

Lost my patience with waiting for ICS OTA so I am trying to make the best decision on what ROM to try out first.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site

Lost my patience with waiting for ICS OTA so I am trying to make the best decision on what ROM to try out first.

Its fine. The best battery life rom is scotts clean rom dev edition, but not by leaps and bounds. This is the best sense 4 rom, but if your not into flashing all the time, you may wait for the next release. Of course nobody knows exactly when, but Newt seems like he is close to a new release, with tweaks and mods and such. As it is now, it's just pretty much stock.

Don't forget, you can't judge battery life for 2 days at least after you flash, or a couple of charge cycles.

mtbhk44

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm S-off with AmonRa. What do I do with this sense4_boot.img? I don't flash it like a zip within AminRa? I don't want to use a PC to install it.

If you are S-Off, just download the ROM and install the zip in recovery after you wipe. The boot.img file is for S-On devices - just ignore it

Reactions: NeoLogic

mtbhk44

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site

I have found battery life with the screen on to be on par with stock or any of the other better ROMs (Cleanrom, etc). Screen off I have found this ROM performs slightly better in the power management department. Overall, you really should just flash it and see how your phone reacts - if you are a serial flasher like some of us in here, you know every ROM sits on phones differently so you really need to just see for yourself. Good luck .

abeauchamp

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I am running cleanRom with Sense 3.6 and would like to install only Sense 4.0, can I do that or do I have to install the ROM and Sense 4.0, and if not how do I install Sense 4.0

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I am running cleanRom with Sense 3.6 and would like to install only Sense 4.0, can I do that or do I have to install the ROM and Sense 4.0, and if not how do I install Sense 4.0

If your on ICS then all you have to flash is the ROM and the kernel (if your s-off the kernel does not need to be flashed separately, it will flash automatically with the ROM flash). If your on GB you'll have to flash the ROM, the kernel, and the patch that allows ICS to run on the GB firmware. Most devs put the flashing instructions and the necessary files on their main post.

Sense 4 will be incorporated into the ROM, just as Sense 3.6 was for cleanrom.

I'm using boreds RezROM 2.5 and it's very smooth. No complaints here.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Which is the latest version of this Rom lol? His lettering is confusing to me.

I just flashed rls3 and so far so good. I wish there were tweaks and stuff, but other than that it is so much smoother than the other s4 Rom I have tried. The only reservation I have is its just not as smooth as 3.6, but that is to be expected I suppose lol. It's not that it is bad at all, I just can't stand an occational studer when zooming around the home screens and app drawer. It's still miles better than stock lol.

I think I am going to dd this for a while and get a good taste of it. HTC did such a better job with the look of s4. Everything just looks better. I am going to check into a dark theme for the menus though. Looks great in white, but might look better in black or grey

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly