Nexus 10 problem

Scrapster7

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I have recently ordered a Nexus 10 to give as a gift. I first went to the Google Store to order it, but after 2 days they cancelled my order saying there was a problem with the payment. Seeing as I was leaving the country soon and I needed the tablet, I went to amazon instead of trying again through Google. So I ordered the tablet from Amazon, and it arrived within 3 days. The seal on the box was intact, but the package had come from Hong Kong which was unexpected, so I broke the seal to look inside and see everything was ok. The only problem I could see at the time was that it, of course, had a Hong Kong charger with a UK adaptor. This was odd, but I decided to leave it as there was no time to send it back and it wasn't THAT big of a problem.

Now I have finally gifted the tablet, and I have noticed another thing. It is completely missing the back rubber strip that covers the camera/FCC ratings and everything! Now, I messaged the seller on Amazon and am waiting for a response, but I have a few questions:

Has anyone else ever experienced this? Getting the tablet without that cover?

Could the seller have broken the seal and then applied a new one? Otherwise I can't figure out how they got the UK adaptor in the box, since it was a tablet basically made for Hong Kong but sold on the UK version of Amazon.

I have a warranty booklet inside the box. Worst case scenario in which the seller doesn't respond, could I take it somewhere to get that cover attached? Where can I find an official repair-shop in the UK?

Thank you!

Scrapster7

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Just a quick update, I have now noticed a Dropbox folder (note that I have not installed Dropbox on this tablet as of yet) with 2 photos, which are not the generic things you might get for sample pictures but photos of models posing. These photos are dated the 11th of May, and I bought the tablet this month.

I am now pretty certain this tablet is a refurbished or previously returned one that was being sold as new together with the price-tag of one.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you did indeed receive a used tablet. I would contact Amazon with the info. Take pictures if you can as well.

Scrapster7

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Turns out the folder with pictures was not actually from Dropbox (it was named Drop Box) and was created by Picasa. They appeared on the tablet after the initial sync with the users' google+ account. Seller was very helpful in solving any queries.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cat4eg