Nexus 4 doesn't seem to like headphones!! :-/

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Guys, please help me out.
I recently bought Nexus 4 and I love using it. But the problem is I still haven't heard a single song in my Nexus through headphones. I have a sony headset and it fits in pretty well, not so tight like others have said but whenever I insert it Google voice search continuously pops up because of which I couldn't hear anything even for few seconds. And the mic doesn't work as well so I couldn't take any calls with my headphones plugged in. This is so annoying. Is it a hardware issue? Or may be I should use a particular type headphones in Nexus 4? Google play store isn't available in the country I'm staying so I couldn't buy the Nexus 4 headsets from Google. Someone please help! Thanks a ton!

mohan_168

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with a Nokia headset. I guess you need to get a different brand. I am currently using Philips headset and Bose IE2 that works flawlessly.
I will get the Philips headset version for you.

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately I didn't try other headphones yet.
But I need some advice before investing in a new headphone. It'd be great if you gimme the Phillips headphone's link Mohan_168.
Reviews rating bad on google's headphones for nexus 4 - official release and I've an eye on Sennheiser CX 300 II.
Advice on this guys. Thanks again!

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Weird, I've tried/had several different in-ear headphones and all worked fine on my N4. Granted the ear buds themselves weren't the best on some and finally settled on some Sol Republics. But all of them played sound and worked great.

michel_666

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Sony headphones act weird on other devices. I moved to Nexus from Xperia arc. To use my old headphones I had to hold microphone button.
So press and hold button, plug in and they will work until you let go the button.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Thats real
Sony headphones act weird on other devices. I moved to Nexus from Xperia arc. To use my old headphones I had to hold microphone button.
So press and hold button, plug in and they will work until you let go the button.

Sent from my Nexus 4

That's really weird. As you said, I can hear when I continuously hold on to the mic button. And for some reason the google voice search doesn't open when the headphones were inserted.

ysbg

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps you can try to see if there is a pc/tech store near where you are. They might be selling headphones and usually with the very expensive ones they always have some on display to let you try out.

Otherwise, is there any chance something went in the earphone whole, like some lint from your clothes, and that would be stopping the earphones from connecting properly?

Thanks! But I have just shifted to a new country and have friends only at work where I didn't have much of a chance to try their headphones.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I didn't try other headphones yet.
But I need some advice before investing in a new headphone. It'd be great if you gimme the Phillips headphone's link Mohan_168.
Reviews rating bad on google's headphones for nexus 4 - official release and I've an eye on Sennheiser CX 300 II.
Advice on this guys. Thanks again!
I have a pair of Sennheiser headphones. I can't remember the model off hand but I think they are the CX 300ll model. They have great bass and excellent noise canceling. I will confirm when I am home.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Nisarg Mehta

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site

Sent from my Nexus 4

Even I am facing a similar issue. Any fix for this? I did try different new earphones on other devices and were working fine, but not on my nexus.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Are you certain you are plugging the headset in fully? The Nexus 4 jack is somewhat tight and you must push quite hard to fully engage the plug. Also, if you have a case on the phone, try removing it to ensure that the plug is not hanging up on the surface of the case.

Aashish Nandalike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Not all 3.5 headfones can be used for NEXUS 4! IF the google thing is opening, it means that that's not the headfones for u! I tried NOTE 2 earphones and it works fine, but not Galaxy 1 or NOKIA ones! So check and choose! The quality is amazing on some!

shraddha gaherwar

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
hi,

I am facing problem with microphone, whenever i connect my headphones to my nexus 4 i am able to hear callers voice but my voice is didnt reach them.... i have tried many headphones same is the issue with all...seems like phone problem.

please help

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
hi,

I am facing problem with microphone, whenever i connect my headphones to my nexus 4 i am able to hear callers voice but my voice is didnt reach them.... i have tried many headphones same is the issue with all...seems like phone problem.

please help

Google is aware of this and they are saying they're working in a fix (after thousands of complains over a year period), it affect the Nexus 5 to I think. The problem is the headset mic's gain is so low so you have to have your mouth right next t it, so analog headset mic is useless. You'll have to use Bluetooth instead for now.

sent via tapatalk

Rafael Costacurta

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my Nexus 4. And i'm not even using a headphone, but only a 3.5 cable to connect the Nexus with my car stereo...

And it is not happening always, just sometimes, and I still cannot say what triggers this behavior :-\

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084