Nexus 4 on AIO wireless and APN settings

awesomeplant

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 4 made the jump from StraightTalk to Aio wireless a few days ago and is doing quite well. I am out of one of the launch cities of Aio and am getting really great service data and voice. I am averaging 7mbps speeds consistently on HSPA+ network and have had no problems.

I also wanted to post the APN settings for those looking around for this is a relatively new service and the APN is not yet listed with any app I could find. Note the MMS takes up to an hour to get established on your line for some reason but it is working for me. :)

 Name: Aio Wireless
 APN: ndo
 Proxy: Not Set
 Port: Not Set
 Username: Not Set
 Password: Not Set
 Server: Not Set
 MMSC: http://mmsc.aiowireless.net
 MMS Proxy: proxy.aiowireless.net
 MMS Port: 80
 MCC: 310
 MNC: 150
 Authentication type: Not Set
 APN type: default, mms, fota, hipri, supl

Thank you!! Just got my new nexus 5 running on aio with these settings!!

Posted via Android Central App

jameschao

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
How do I disable or delete the AIO voicemail so that I can effectively use my Google voice account and number? I continue to be sent to their stone age voicemail instead of Google Voice. Any tips?

Hi, actually I just figured out how to do this, based on the GSM section on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_forwarding.

Basically, you can enter the following command:
*61*<GOOGLE VOICE NUMBER>#

You'll need to do this with three different keypad prefix codes: *61*, *62*, and *67* (corresponding to "no answer", "out of reach", and "busy").

You can check the status of each by doing *#61#, *#62#, or *#67#.

Worked well for me!

Last edited:

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Typically, you dial the Voicemail service and weed through the options. One choice is always to set the number of rings before voicemail picks up to the highest number possible and then ensure that your Google Voice number is set substantially smaller.

If you don't know the voicemail number, open the phone app, select menu -> Settings -> Voicemail -> Setup.

Trav Griff

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
First, try Settings -> More... -> Mobile networks -> Data enabled. Is it checked? If not, enable it and test again. If it was already enabled, then...

Settings -> More... -> Mobile networks -> Access Point Names. If there are any entries there at all, tap each one in turn then tap the menu icon at top right and tap Delete APN.

Once the list is empty, tap the + icon to add a new APN, as follows:

Name: Internet
APN: ndo
Proxy: Not Set
Port: Not Set
Username: Not Set
Password: Not Set
Server: Not Set
MMSC: http://mmsc.aiowireless.net
MMS Proxy: proxy.aiowireless.net
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 150
Authentication type: Not Set
APN type: default,mms,fota,hipri,supl
Note: on the above APN type be sure to enter it exactly as it is listed...don't include any spaces!

Tap Save to finish, then go back to the APN list and make sure the new APN just entered is enabled (the blue dot will be lit up).
Reboot your phone (long-press the power button, select Power off; after phone shuts down, long-press the power button until it restarts).

( Andriod & Windows Network Setup )
thank you so much my nexus 5 is now perfect!!!!!!!!

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Does anybody know if these APN settings are still current for AIO and the Nexus 4?

My Nexus 4 made the jump from StraightTalk to Aio wireless a few days ago and is doing quite well. I am out of one of the launch cities of Aio and am getting really great service data and voice. I am averaging 7mbps speeds consistently on HSPA+ network and have had no problems.

I also wanted to post the APN settings for those looking around for this is a relatively new service and the APN is not yet listed with any app I could find. Note the MMS takes up to an hour to get established on your line for some reason but it is working for me. :)

 Name: Aio Wireless
 APN: ndo
 Proxy: Not Set
 Port: Not Set
 Username: Not Set
 Password: Not Set
 Server: Not Set
 MMSC: http://mmsc.aiowireless.net
 MMS Proxy: proxy.aiowireless.net
 MMS Port: 80
 MCC: 310
 MNC: 150
 Authentication type: Not Set
 APN type: default, mms, fota, hipri, supl

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody know if these APN settings are still current for AIO and the Nexus 4?

Those are the settings I'm using and here in Chicago I'm also getting LTE data since ATT employs band 4 in this area. They do throttle at 8mbps but the coverage and penetration seems very solid...I even get a signal underground on the CTA. I switched from TMob 'cause with taxes and fees my bill for 2.5 gigs was around 75 bucks. AIO gives me 5 gigs for a flat rate of 60, with a monthly 5 dollar rebate for being on autopay bringing it down to 55 dollars all in. Oh and I ported my number over from TMob on the AIO activation page with no hassles whatsoever. I think AIO is a very good deal.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Those are the settings I'm using and here in Chicago I'm also getting LTE data since ATT employs band 4 in this area. They do throttle at 8mbps but the coverage and penetration seems very solid...I even get a signal underground on the CTA. I switched from TMob 'cause with taxes and fees my bill for 2.5 gigs was around 75 bucks. AIO gives me 5 gigs for a flat rate of 60, with a monthly 5 dollar rebate for being on autopay bringing it down to 55 dollars all in. Oh and I ported my number over from TMob on the AIO activation page with no hassles whatsoever. I think AIO is a very good deal.

Thank you. That's good to know.

I was going to help a family member get the proper data settings on their phone when their sim card arrived, but for some reason AIO couldn't transfer the number from AT&T and AIO never sent out the sim card. They just refunded the money. So for the time being she is just going to stick with AT&T despite the higher costs because her number is too important for her to potentially lose.

Billy Kittleman

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I used your APN setting and I am now able to receive data on my Nexus 4...however, I can't send or receive MMS (picture mail)...have you had any problems with this? -tks

maryratti

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I am having issues with messages being forwarded from my google voice number to my aio inbox. i called customer service and asked them if they could turn the voicemail feature off but they said they couldnt disable it. I have only received a handful of voicemails on my google voice number since switching to aio 6 months ago - the rest have gone to the Aio vm box which is extremely frustrating. I havent changed any settings in GV - and everything worked fine when i had verizon wireless prepaid.

suggestions?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I am having issues with messages being forwarded from my google voice number to my aio inbox. i called customer service and asked them if they could turn the voicemail feature off but they said they couldnt disable it. I have only received a handful of voicemails on my google voice number since switching to aio 6 months ago - the rest have gone to the Aio vm box which is extremely frustrating. I havent changed any settings in GV - and everything worked fine when i had verizon wireless prepaid.

suggestions?

AIO Wireless is a AT&T reseller service... Did you set your Conditional Call Forwarding feature with

(*)*004*GVNumber# <Send>

The first star varies, some people need it, others do not. Sometimes you have to clear all diverts first with ##02# <Send> then the above.

Also, open your Phone app, go to settings, scroll down to Call Forwarding, and make sure the setting for when Busy, Unanswered, and Unavailable are all set to your GV number.

When you change carriers you should disable everything in GV online first, then active it again as well.

Do not call and get your VM removed from your carrier, that can disable conditional call forwarding entirely.

If all this fails, I hope AIO has some good techs because if there are issues with CCF getting a "tech" at AT&T directly that even knows what it is is usually takes 5+ calls...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
BTW, I just switched from Go Phone to Aio Wireless myself on my Nexus 4... the switch went flawlessly, my number switched in seconds, I waited about a minute then rebooted and the APN information didn't auto populate (it did on my son's Moto G 16GB GPE version after a couple reboots) so I entered the ones from their official website here: Bring Your Own Android and ran a series of tests, everything worked calls, sms, mms (send and receive from a VZW phone) in under 5 minutes. I did run a series of speed tests, although I don't know how conclusive they are since AT&T here is quite varied speed wise, I did get HSPA+42 though with no issues, speeds tested 3.5Mb/s to 5.0Mb/s, right on par for Go Phone this time of day (6pm), will test it later, after 11pm I usually can get 8-10Mb/s . All in all it was extremely painless.

I also setup Google Voice using the method in my previous post, along with going into the Phone app, settings, Voicemail and switching the carrier to Google Voice... worked flawlessly first time out.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I just switched from TMO to Cricket. On another site, I found the APN settings and got data working, but I couldn't send MMSes. Then I found this thread and tried the following:

Well, the MMS did not work. So I edited the APN setting for APN type: default,supl,mms and now it is sending and receiving mms messages.

MMS now works -- thanks! -- but then I scrolled down and saw this:

Enter it as "default,mms,fota,hipri,supl" without the quotes, of course.

Do I need to add fota, hipri and supl? What am I missing out on if I don't?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred