Nexus 4 won't boot

RugbyMan

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Release day Nexus 4
stock Android 4.3
Starting today my device won't boot past the Nexus logo. A restart has it stay on the GOOGLE text for about two minutes then goes to the Nexus logo and.... nothing. Will stay there until it drains the battery. I can get to recovery mode by the 'power button/volume down', but cannot seem to get to any menus from there. Have read a few threads about similar problems, but haven't found anything in them that has worked yet (mainly power button/volume up to get to some menu in recovery mode that I can never bring up). Any help would be appreciated.

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yep looks like a factory image restore is needed
  1. Download SDK and Drivers
  2. Download 4.3 Factory Images
  3. Use flash-all.bat command to flash everything

RugbyMan

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I seem to have hit a snag and not sure what to do from here. Following the guide you posted... I can't get past the first set of terminal commands as I get this message "erasing 'boot'...FAILED <remote: not supported in locked device>"

The screen with the android on it's back does say LOCK STATE - locked. Not sure if that is what this error is referring to.

RugbyMan

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
okay, got it unlocked, but still not working for me. I keep getting a 'flash write failure' while sending the bootloader to the phone. Not sure what to try from here. Any suggestions?

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
okay, got it unlocked, but still not working for me. I keep getting a 'flash write failure' while sending the bootloader to the phone. Not sure what to try from here. Any suggestions?

Try using a different USB port on your computer. It sounds weird, but some just play better with Android phones than others. If you're using a desktop, try using a USB port in the back of your computer rather than one in the front. If you're on a laptop I don't think it matters, just try a different one.

ModYourComp

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
When I try the <fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-grouper-4.23.img> command it says' "FAILED (remote: invalid bootloader image)".

How do I make it a valid bootloader image?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arlecchino