Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi, we are the development team of the "Nexus 5 Hype" app. We would like to get feed back about our application. The app shows a running countdown to the first expected availability day. It also sends notifications (if you want) when as more precise specifications are known or when important news come up.

9kltCjDm1imPU8TXZit8hPrgqnv8uLc1Iuibhi3a1j5WaShRZ1LjN5zNS5VDerkvy3g=h900-rw

Best regards

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The app notify the announcement countdown, important news and the day and time that will start to be available. Remember, that just a year ago, Nexus 4 sold out in 20 minutes.

I do not think that anyone who is in the know enough to want a Nexus 5 will benefit from a countdown app particularly when there is no official anything to base your countdown off of yet. I think your talents and time could be better spent on projects with a greater reach and a longer useful life than counting down to the Nexus 5.

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I do not think that anyone who is in the know enough to want a Nexus 5 will benefit from a countdown app particularly when there is no official anything to base your countdown off of yet. I think your talents and time could be better spent on projects with a greater reach and a longer useful life than counting down to the Nexus 5.

You know.. you are completely right. We should be doing more usuful things. This started because we wanted to buy the new Nexus 5 and we didn?t want to miss it this time (as it happened to us with the nexus 4 in november 2012). So we thought that we could share it with everyone, as the effort to continuosly check google store servers would be the same. This could play against us, because you could also buy it at the right time but we don?t expect the app to be a hit...

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Actually I was looking for something like this just a couple days ago. I too missed the Nexus 4 launch last year, because it went live early. Last year there was a Nexus 4 Stock Alert available that I used. I believe though it was published after the Nexus 4 launch, while it wasn't available for a few weeks. The Play Store shows the install count at 10,000 - 50,000. Thank-you for this one; I'll try it.

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
hopefully the app asks for all my permissions, too... fine gps should be required to make it work...

lol

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Actually I was looking for something like this just a couple days ago. I too missed the Nexus 4 launch last year, because it went live early. Last year there was a Nexus 4 Stock Alert available that I used. I believe though it was published after the Nexus 4 launch, while it wasn't available for a few weeks. The Play Store shows the install count at 10,000 - 50,000. Thank-you for this one; I'll try it.
thanks a lot

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Eh, what the heck, I'll give it a try! Need every edge I can get...going to be buying 5 N5s at lauch:D 2 for me and 3 to help out some friends who's country doesn't get any Google Play love. Hope I get lucky again...or Google does better than previous Nexus releases.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure most will be on here and following a lot of other things for information about the Nexus. I appreciate the enthusiasm specifically for the Nexus though.

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Last edited: