Nexus 5 or Moto X

unstoppablekem

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: NEXUS 5 or MOTO X

Don't forget Motorola phones are designed and made in the USA, helping with our unemployment rate. It is also easier to customize with all the options the Moto Maker lets you choose from. The design is great, feels great in the hand, and has cool software features. If you don't care for the camera much, as the 1520 has an excellent 20MP camera, I say get the Moto X. :)

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

Ok, I'm definitely sold on the Moto X over the Nexus 5 but now I'm wondering when the Moto X 2 may come out. If I could get a 5", quad core, 2 GB ram, 1080p Moto X 2 I'd be set. Olive green with orange accents of course!

Nokia 1520

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Ok, I'm definitely sold on the Moto X over the Nexus 5 but now I'm wondering when the Moto X 2 may come out. If I could get a 5", quad core, 2 GB ram, 1080p Moto X 2 I'd be set. Olive green with orange accents of course!

Nokia 1520

Next fall most likely. X is only a few months old. And like many people have said, you won't notice the difference of specs with this phone.

Posted via Android Central App

draconianchaos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

I wouldn't expect it before August as Moto is probably going to ride the X out for as long as they can. Look at all the clever antics Moto employs to keep the X in the tech headlines: the magazine add, Moto maker exclusivity both beginning and ending, and the discounted prices. I've no evidence to support this just the standard smartphone cycle.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

I guess for the right price I might as well grab one early next year. I'll be ready for something nee long b4 next fall.

Nokia 1520

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site

Where did you get that price?

@T-Mobile GN3

On eBay USA. I checked prices for a couple of weeks waiting for the right one to come by and noticed that they were coming down quite fast. When I saw a new in box"Buy It Now" at $225 I went for it. If you are patient, you can get a good deal. You just have to wait around and ask the sellers questions. Many claim it's a new phone but when asked, they say they "only used it for a month" (which makes it a used phone). There are many people that sell their new phones after a couple of weeks of use or in my case, the guy claimed he had won it in a raffle and he wasn't on Sprint. The fact that it is a Sprint Moto X also makes it less expensive. For some reason, Sprint Moto X end up costing less on eBay.

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

My point is that you said you USE a 1520, then followed it up by saying you just bought it and it is still sealed. One wonders how it is that you are using a device that is still in its box and is sealed.

It was still factory sealed when I bought it. That's how I like it. You didn't seriously think it was sealed 30 seconds after it was delivered did you???

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site

It was still factory sealed when I bought it. That's how I like it. You didn't seriously think it was sealed 30 seconds after it was delivered did you???
Ah, you mean that you bought it factory sealed but then broke the seal yourself. When you said 'still sealed', I assumed that it meant it remained sealed at the time of your posting.

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

Ah, you mean that you bought it factory sealed but then broke the seal yourself. When you said 'still sealed', I assumed that it meant it remained sealed at the time of your posting.

I don't have that kind of self control!!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

Nokia 1520

How can you be sold on the Moto X when you just listed specs that it does not have? Sounds like it's not the phone for you...

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site

I'm somewhat of a phone collector and my next purchase is going to either be a Nexus 5 or a Moto X. There are things I like about both but I'm not sure which is the best choice. Which is better and why?
There's a lot of things I like about the Moto X, but I would still prefer the Nexus 5. More horsepower, more likely to get support over the long term, and better camera.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

There's a lot of things I like about the Moto X, but I would still prefer the Nexus 5. More horsepower, more likely to get support over the long term, and better camera.
I have an N4 right now, and I'm considering the Moto X over the N5. More horsepower doesn't mean much to me since I'm happy with my N4 performance with KitKat and ART, which is going to run real smooth without needing latest hardware, and I don't play high graphic games on my phone. Camera isn't that important for me. I like the idea of the Moto X having longer battery life which is more important, I miss AMOLED's deep black, and I'm interested in the low power CPU and always listening feature, which the Nexus lacks.

The thing stopping me from getting the MotoX mainly is the price isn't great compared to a Nexus (I know you can use the code), and there are are lacks of rom developers and as big of a 'hacking community' for it, which I've grown used to with my Nexus. Also I know it is more of a sideway step and maybe even downgrade in some aspect.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enid