Nexus 5: Poor cell reception?

mightydenver

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5: Poor cell reception? FIX FOUND!!!!

Ok folks here is the fix for this issue and IT WORKS 100%;

[Hardware Mod] Increse signal strength
[Hardware Mod] Increse signal strength | Google Nexus 5

Difference is i used wire from picture hanging. So the wire is bound like rope. I cut a piece of the bounded picture hanging wire. Then pulled off one strand of the metal. I think its steel or aluminum. Either way i taped it to the inside of my Nexus 5 (end stuck into radio antenna hole and other down the back of the phone as in the linked article) and holy ****! I never get signal in my downstairs office an I have 100% now. This cost me nothing and the results are BOSS!

Let me know how it works for you.

winksmith

Jan 1, 2018
Visit site
I'm on the Vodafone network in NZ (UMTS). The signal is particularly poor while at home capturing 0-1 bars measured at less than -104 dBm. It's been killing my battery super fast when I'm home. Meanwhile, my wife's crappy phone sitting in nearly the same exact place has far better reception. That makes me believe that the problem is with my phone and not the actual signal strenth. Furthermore, that breaks down into either physical reception such as the antenna on the phone or something to do with the software driving it.

I have the latest android (8.1.0).

Does anyone have any fixes for this?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000