Nexus 6 Owners, How Reliable Has Ambient Display Been For You?

yourgaelness

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I've had my n6 for 2 days. The ambient display has only worked a handful of times, which annoys me. Well ,it does open with notifications, but rarely opens when i pick it up. The screen is also slow to turn on when pressing the power button.

Another gripe I have is that it's taking over an hour to charge, not 15 minutes.

Morq

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
It is wierd for me - it almost always lights up when i pick up the phone, no problem here, however it also lights up out of the blue while laying on the desk when im typing on the keyboard that constantly distracts me into thinking someone msged me or somethng, but nop.

Spaghetti8

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
The Ambient Display on my Nexus 6P only works if the device is locked.
Is everyone else's doing the same?
If yes, then why does this battery saving feature not work when the phone is unlocked?
(I read a similar case from a Nexus 6 user from about a year ago somewhere here, but I can't find it now...)
Android helpdesk couldn't tell me if this is how it's supposed to work or if it's a faulty device, so they told me to call Huawei, but I haven't managed to reach them yet, so I'd really like to know if other people have the same problem.

cache11

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I haven't used it since the second day I had it. Switched to Velis Auto Brightness and love it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Spaghetti8

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
I don't yet have a screen protector or a case yet on it, so that can't be the issue.
rickms80 - Does it work when you haven't set up a screen lock?

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
rickms80 - Does it work when you haven't set up any screen lock?

I noticed the other day it wasn't working but after a reboot it started working again. No, to your question. I have a screen lock setup but I have my watch setup as a trusted device so it's unlocked when my watch is on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SCaneCa