Nexus 6 - When will it be on sale (VZW)?

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nexus 6

If it helps, coming from a Droid Turbo owner who just went through this, the VoLTE update has 2 main parts with different requirements:

The simultaneous voice/data feature only requires you to: be a monthly-paying VZW customer, be within VZW's 4g range, and have "Advanced Calling" (what they call VoLTE) enabled. To enable it, you have to: download/install the update, enable the feature "HD Voice" in your account, reboot, and turn it 'on' under settings.

The Advanced Calling phone features (HD and video calling, and 6-way conference calls) require the above, PLUS the other phone has to be compatible (meaning hardware capable + update/feature installed/enabled as stated above), which as of this moment are: Droid Maxx/Mini, Droid Turbo, G2, G3, Galaxy S5, iPhone 6/6+. Obviously, this list should be growing soon and will include the Nexus 6 among others. And, note that not all features may work with every compatible phone; for example, video calling doesn't work on the iphones (probably bc Apple shut that down due to Facetime) - if anyone cares (I don't).

As an aside, for the Droid Turbo VoLTE update, Motorola threw in several improvements and fixes, which was nice. But it's a VZW-exclusive phone, so I don't know if the Nexus 6 would receive some as well.

Fyi, here's VZW's VoLTE page for more info, plus links to an actually helpful FAQ and a list of compatible phones:

Advanced Calling 1.0 - Verizon Wireless - Verizon Wireless

Dubbayoo

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

So according to that page even the Moto X doesn't have VoLTE. I guess I'm not sweating this as much knowing that.

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

^^ Yeah, definitely don't sweat it, you guys will be up sooner rather than later. Besides, I think I would've rather had Lollipop first over VoLTE. They probably just got this update to us poor saps with the Droid Turbo because they felt sorry that we've been left behind on all significant updates up until now, whilst slowly wasting away as Verizon slaves, grasping for any sip of water... or something like that. :)

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

Yeah... I mean, feature wise, the note 4 has it all. I LOVE the multi window and s pen. Camera is amazing. But... Is going to outweigh touchwiz? Does having a nexus and pure android and the most current android worth it? I want to say yes, and in my head I know yes, but having this phone so difficult to get is having me doubt. I don't understand why Motorola or Google just can't put me on a wait list. And then will I be regretting it if I'm out somewhere and I need to look up a number or directions while I'm on the phone? Voice and data, can't do that yet... If ever?

I know I can use hangouts dialer, maybe that's the hopefully only temporary solution.

Jason_A

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

I would bet that the Nexus 6 on Verizon either comes with VoLTE out of the box, or is updated to it very shortly after launch, just like the Turbo.

Posted via the Android Central App

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I got someone at Verizon to activate the Sim itself. Had to call twice. First person said I needed it in a phone. Second person just took the Sim number I gave them and activated it, right then and there. Bam! Nexus 6!

I love this white color! I could take a bite out of this, it looks so good!

Kwdan

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. And who knows how long it will take to come out on Verizon, if ever?

I have a galaxy s 3, and I believe i have simultaneous voice and data now. It's handy, to say the least.

Decisions, decisions...
The gs3 comes two chips.. 1 for voice and 1 for data. Most new phones come with 1 chip and cuts off data to handle voice. On sprint the s3 and the note 3 were the last with 2 separate chips. I miss it. My mms won't download if I'm on the phone.

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The gs3 comes two chips.. 1 for voice and 1 for data. Most new phones come with 1 chip and cuts off data to handle voice. On sprint the s3 and the note 3 were the last with 2 separate chips. I miss it. My mms won't download if I'm on the phone.
Yeah. Looks like I am moving towards using mostly hangouts or whatever and hangouts dialing when I need to talk with someone and use date if I'm out

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The LG G3 I have has had voice over data from day one. Once Verizon has pushed the Volte out to the N6 on its network. We all should be able to flash what we need to get it to work on every N6 from every carrier. That's what's sweet about have a device that's you can flash on. It may be possible for someone to port the droid turbo files over to get Volte.

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The LG G3 I have has had voice over data from day one. Once Verizon has pushed the Volte out to the N6 on its network. We all should be able to flash what we need to get it to work on every N6 from every carrier. That's what's sweet about have a device that's you can flash on. It may be possible for someone to port the droid turbo files over to get Volte.

I really really hope this is all true!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz