Nexus 6P Presentation slides leak, no price leak though

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Apparently FCC found show nexus 5x will work on all 4 carriers which makes sense since Fi requires GSM for tmo while sprint is CDMA as is Verizon.

If the nexus 5x is omni carrier than the 6p must be as well given its flag ship status.

Overall I think it's a decent phone and I'm thrilled that gorilla glass 4 is being used.

Now the question is is the ram ddr3 or 4.

If it's 4 then the 6p is truly a flagship but I still can't bring myself to get it for 3 Reasons.

1. Can't go back to a sub 6 inch screen.

2. I swore an oath to never buy another phablet with anything less than a 3500 mAh battery and if I break my word than I have no honor and life has no meaning.

3. Qualcomm has been teasing us with its s820 specs and features and I just can't bring myself to get a phone without quick charge 3.0.

Plus the nexus 6 is still a truly fantabulous phone and it is guaranteed to get nougat and since it was a flagship probably oreo as well.

I was raised to own the crap out of things to squeeze every last stop of utility from something so that I can justify getting the latest and greatest when the time finally comes and my phone falls apart in my hands and I can luxuriate in the magnificent tech progress that 3 or 4 or even 5 years can bring.

you owning a Nexus 6 and not feeling the need to replace it makes sense and is obviously a valid reason.

points #2 and #3 are pretty weak. first, I know you're messing around, and I laughed when I read it, but let's dismiss the honor thing. I mean, this is a phone we're talking about.

it's only 50 mAh less than your minimum, but since that 3500 is based off a 6" device, than 3450 at 5.7" is probably about the same. and why put a hard cap on it? there's things such as efficiency and optimization (two OEM buzzwords that I despise BTW) to consider as well.

and then there's the 810. here's the deal, will you actually notice the difference? if no benchmarks or specs existed, and you had to take the Pepsi challenge, would you notice? I don't know the answer to that, but I have a feeling the answer is no.

that said, you and every other consumer deserve to get what you pay for. the 820 and overheating issues aren't good enough reasons on their own to pass up on the 6P IMO. maybe that's the tipping point, but trying to put any weight behind that argument makes it flimsy.

what does make sense, is feeling like you're paying for something you're not getting, and that along with a few other factors, in your case, wanting a 6" device and being pleased with your current phone. that holds weight in my book and seems reasonable.

honor and a chip we might not see for 6-8 months (they said 1st half of 2016 in their press release. for some reason people think it's coming out earlier, but that's all the information Qualcomm provided) are two things, that if you actually really did need a phone, would most likely not be considered.

BTW, you and the others were so right about the Nexus 6, I'm absolutely loving mine. haven't broke out the iPad mini since the day I got it. now it's time to replace the S4, so I'm hoping to get that graphite color in 64MB at launch. I expect to pay $650 our thereabouts.

kalookakoo

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Overall I think it's a decent phone and I'm thrilled that gorilla glass 4 is being used.

Screen: 5.7”, 518 PPI, WQHD AMOLED
Camera: 12.3MP Rear / 8MP Front (1.55 μM, F2.0 / 1.4 μM FF) - Final resolution of the images may be less than 12.3MP
Processor: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 810 v2.1 processor
Battery: 3,450 mAh (Built-in)
Dimensions: 159.4 x 77.8 x 7.3
Weight: 178g
RAM: 3 GB (LPDDR4)
Storage: Comes in 32/64/128 GB

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Screen: 5.7”, 518 PPI, WQHD AMOLED
Camera: 12.3MP Rear / 8MP Front (1.55 μM, F2.0 / 1.4 μM FF) - Final resolution of the images may be less than 12.3MP
Processor: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 810 v2.1 processor
Battery: 3,450 mAh (Built-in)
Dimensions: 159.4 x 77.8 x 7.3
Weight: 178g
RAM: 3 GB (LPDDR4)
Storage: Comes in 32/64/128 GB

much rather have a phone with 3GB RAM that's managed efficiently, over one with 4GB RAM that's not ... another example of the specs only telling half the story.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Depending on how the Aluminum and Graphite look in hand, I'll be getting either. 32 GB is certainly enough for me, so if it's priced at $449.99-499.99, it'll be mine.

Posted via the Android Central App

adamspt2

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Chances are this will be my next phone. And while I definitely understand that pixels aren't everything, I don't understand the 12/13 that I've been hearing. It seems like they would at least be going up to 16.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
LOL, wishful thinking, I know. As long as the reviews are good, I'll get it either way.

I'll preorder if I can land the graphite 64MB at launch and will share my initial review.

it will be interesting though to see where they go with price. At least in the US, Hauwei isn't a well known brand, and those that are aware of it, know it as a company that offers good phones for reasonable prices.

Where they price it will say a lot about what direction Google plans to take Nexus. I think more people were turned off by the size of the Nexus 6 than the price. The combination of both led to poor sales obviously.

I won't guess where the price will be. It seems to be competitive with the iPhone/S6, maybe a touch below the S6 due mostly to camera, so it should be priced slightly below those IMO.

And I think Google works be smart to shave a few points off it cause it's Hauwei. I'm sure Hauwei want to make a good first impression in the US, and starting off by offering a phone more expensive than two of the best (in terms of sales) probably isn't the best place to start.

It'll have to be a slap in the face for me not to buy though, my S4 display got scratched up this week so I'm really anxious to get rid of it. plus, now that I have the Nexus 6, it's almost unbearable!

Zachary Boddy

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Apparently FCC found show nexus 5x will work on all 4 carriers which makes sense since Fi requires GSM for tmo while sprint is CDMA as is Verizon.

If the nexus 5x is omni carrier than the 6p must be as well given its flag ship status.

If it's 4 then the 6p is truly a flagship but I still can't bring myself to get it for 3 Reasons.

1. Can't go back to a sub 6 inch screen.

2. I swore an oath to never buy another phablet with anything less than a 3500 mAh battery and if I break my word than I have no honor and life has no meaning.

3. Qualcomm has been teasing us with its s820 specs and features and I just can't bring myself to get a phone without quick charge 3.0.

Plus the nexus 6 is still a truly fantabulous phone and it is guaranteed to get nougat and since it was a flagship probably oreo as well.

I was raised to own the crap out of things to squeeze every last stop of utility from something so that I can justify getting the latest and greatest when the time finally comes and my phone falls apart in my hands and I can luxuriate in the magnificent tech progress that 3 or 4 or even 5 years can bring.

The Nexus 6 is technically sub-6 inches. It has a 5.95 inch diagonal.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
A question regarding Doze... How exactly does it work? I mean, I know the general idea, but my main question is, does a phone have to lay on a flat surface, and not be touched for a period of time in order for it to work? I ask because I wonder if the feature is useless should the phone be in a purse or bag, rustling about.

Zachary Boddy

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
A question regarding Doze... How exactly does it work? I mean, I know the general idea, but my main question is, does a phone have to lay on a flat surface, and not be touched for a period of time in order for it to work? I ask because I wonder if the feature is useless should the phone be in a purse or bag, rustling about.

I believe Doze works when the screen has been turned off for a period of time, regardless of its movement. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I believe Doze works when the screen has been turned off for a period of time, regardless of its movement. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think you're right, but I'm pretty sure theres a little bit of movement involved too.

For example the phone detects when it is in someones pocket, so unlikely to be used etc

kalookakoo

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
You could be right there, especially now that there's a 128 GB option.

It's also based off the fact that one of the slide notes say the 6P is "generally cheaper than the Iphone 6 Plus" which is $650. Sounds like at least one storage size will be cheaper than $650. Maybe two?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware