Nexus 6P Presentation slides leak, no price leak though

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
It's also based off the fact that one of the slide notes say the 6P is "generally cheaper than the Iphone 6 Plus" which is $650. Sounds like at least one storage size will be cheaper than $650. Maybe two?

it should be cheaper, at least in the US. they don't have nearly the same marketing expenses, which adds at least 20% to the iPhone. and a lot of people here have never even heard of Hauwei. it doesn't matter how great a phone it is, and I don't expect it to be cheap, but if they want to sell phones to people other than a relatively small group of people, they'll be smart to price it accordingly. apple can pretty much name their price, Hauwei not so much.

what's fascinating is you have a high end phone, a chip that will never reach its full potential, an OEM with a reputation for great hardware and reasonable pricing, though most people here never heard of it, and many that did, can't even pronounce it, and one of the most recognizable brands here in Google. throw in Fi, is it worth the lower margin simply to get a Nexus in as many hands as possible?

that's quite a mix to say the least. I'm sure their meetings discussing pricing were lengthy and covered many different scenarios. Nexus isn't mainstream, but it's more than just a developer phone. They definitely have a lot to consider and it'll be fun seeing their presentation Tuesday!

Zachary Boddy

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
There has been speculation and debate that if the Nexus line doesn't fine their value roots again, it'll fail (like the Nexus 6 did 'fail').

Aridon

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking they'll start at 599, 650 and 750. Honestly I'm not sure I'm in at those prices. $450 for the Moto Pure, the P will have to get some really good reviews for me to consider dropping $200 more and give up a SD card slot.

flychinook

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Does USB C imply some kind of HDMI output, like MHL or Slimport would offer? I want this phone, but it has to work with a mini projector.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
USB C is just another standard of microUSB except more powerful and reversible. If you have the adapter you should be fine and dandy.

hopefully it'll be 3.1 or at least 3.0 ... since the slides didn't mention the version, I'll assume it's 2.0 though ... hope I'm wrong cause there's a distinct difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware