Nexus 6P vs. DROID TURBO 2

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
The Moto phones have offered some features in the past that intrigued me, plus the rumored extra large battery and MicroSD card slot further piqued my interest. But, after having watched the launch, a first hands on video, and looking at the spec's, I have actually been pushed farther toward the 6P. I think the T2 will be a fine device and offers some very nice features, but compared with the 6P it just looks ... clunky. Plus, no Marshmallow and just seeing all the bloatware on the screenshots made me cringe. Based on the reviews I've been seeing, I think the 6P is more what I'm looking for ..., plus it's damn sexay. ;) As soon as it's back in stock, I'm ordering one of these bad boys.

Now I just have to decide which color ..., White ... Aluminum ...? :confused:

Anyone else have similar or different reactions?

With how updates were somewhat slowed on the turbo, I decided to stick with nexus on this one. Droids look nice, but nothing that really wow'd me. Not to mention that huge verizon logo on the front. Plus who knows how long lenovo will actually support the device, they are already dropping support after like a year on the moto x on most carriers.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Well so much for Motorola being the unsung darling of tech enthusiast sites that it was for about a year or two during the OG Moto-X days I guess. Thanks for the memories Motorola, so long Motolenovo

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Was anyone else waiting to compare with the Droid Turbo 2?

If this was two months after Marshmallow launched, then one could be reasonably upset. But it's not. So it's just more of complaining for the sake of complaining.

When HTC is releasing a phone with Marshmallow before you, then these people have a reason to complain, especially with moto and their "almost stock" experience.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Another in the list of Motorola slow updates (though Verizon could have something to do with it) - the Droid Maxx. We were promised Lollipop. Still sitting on 4.4.4, and nothing but silence as far as I've heard from Moto. I'm still very tempted by the Turbo2. I'd probably have already ordered a Nexus 6P if I could do the payment plan via Verizon. Still debating whether to scrounge the cash for an outright purchase, but being able to pay for the Turbo2 over 2 years interest free is tempting.

You can finance via huawei.com for nexus 6P

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

When HTC is releasing a phone with Marshmallow before you, then these people have a reason to complain, especially with moto and their "almost stock" experience.

What do you count as released?

HTC One A9 is a pre-order right now.

DROID MAXX 2 and DROID TURBO will be in customer hands tomorrow, 10/29.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

What do you count as released?

HTC One A9 is a pre-order right now.

DROID MAXX 2 and DROID TURBO will be in customer hands tomorrow, 10/29.

That still doesn't change anything. I get it, you're a moto die hard, doesn't change the fact that moto has dropped the ball, and just so happened to be right when the lenovo deal was finalized.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

You can finance via huawei.com for nexus 6P

I didn't realize that, but I really hate paying interest, so I probably would still just find the cash if I go with the 6P. If I go with the Turbo2, Verizon spreads out the payments and does no interest, so there's almost no reason not to do that.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

I didn't realize that, but I really hate paying interest, so I probably would still just find the cash if I go with the 6P. If I go with the Turbo2, Verizon spreads out the payments and does no interest, so there's almost no reason not to do that.

Eh yeah. But it's verizon and updates... But i usually save up and then have the money to pay it. Agree, hate paying interest, so rarely, if ever use the credit part of it. But both devices will be solid choices. Can't go wrong with either.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Eh yeah. But it's verizon and updates... But i usually save up and then have the money to pay it. Agree, hate paying interest, so rarely, if ever use the credit part of it. But both devices will be solid choices. Can't go wrong with either.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

That still doesn't change anything. I get it, you're a moto die hard, doesn't change the fact that moto has dropped the ball, and just so happened to be right when the lenovo deal was finalized.

I'm not saying they didn't.

Still - DROID TURBO 2 launching with Lollipop less than a month after Marshmallow became official is not the big deal people are making it out to be.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5061193)

Banned
Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

For me, carrier bloatware, contracts, and no updates is a deal-breaker. Until my N6P arrives, I am rockn' a OnePlus One - best phone I have ever had...

The One plus one is the the "Best phone you ever had" and you are giving it up? or is this a second phone?

husa3695

May 23, 2011
Visit site

Verizon just sent me an email stating that I can trade in my Note 4 for up to $300, I would rather have a 6P than go through another round of the Update Waiting Game with Verizon.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Still - DROID TURBO 2 launching with Lollipop less than a month after Marshmallow became official is not the big deal people are making it out to be.

I mostly agree. The concerning part is their avoiding the topic. I feel confident they will get marshmallow on the device, but their lack of talking about it makes me think it's probably not going to be super soon.

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I been pondering over the 2 phones for a while, I mean both are highly spec. phones with ambled displays and latest processors,the nexus get faster updates and same stereo front facing speakers than those on the turbo 2. The turbo gets a shatterproof display and customizability, which you got to admit ballistic nylon always been sexy. The nexus does have a cheaper price than the nexus and marshmallow out of the box as well as USB C. And the turbo has wireless charging as well as moto voice. Decisions decisions, anybody would shed some light, is difficult to decide on a phone when there are so many good ones on the market.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Have no strong opinion about the so-called shatterproof display (noted liar Motorola's claim, so who knows - maybe awesome, maybe BS) but the Gorilla Glass 4 in the 6P looks pretty awesome. Check out the bend test (starts at the 5:00 mark) in this video:

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I been pondering over the 2 phones for a while, I mean both are highly spec. phones with ambled displays and latest processors,the nexus get faster updates and same stereo front facing speakers than those on the turbo 2. The turbo gets a shatterproof display and customizability, which you got to admit ballistic nylon always been sexy. The nexus does have a cheaper price than the nexus and marshmallow out of the box as well as USB C. And the turbo has wireless charging as well as moto voice. Decisions decisions, anybody would shed some light, is difficult to decide on a phone when there are so many good ones on the market.

I had kind of forgotten about the "always listening" features of the Motos. I guess I kind of take it for granted now with my Maxx. I think I would seriously miss it on another phone, so it's a big plus in the Turbo2's favor IMO. It's a feature that is truly useful (at least to me) on a daily basis.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Yeah because you act like lenovo hasn't had access to Lollipop for much longer than "a month"

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Yeah because you act like lenovo hasn't had access to Lollipop for much longer than "a month"

Sure. Let's put an unfinished operating system through all the testing required for Verizon to release their phone.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I know for you guys in the States the DT is filled with bloatware but it would be good to hear opinions on the unlocked sim free versions as the DT is an X Force in the UK and is sim free, I am torn between the two of them I haven't owned a Moto before and I really like the idea of the phone always listening and also the way it knows you are driving now that is great :)

I admit the 6P is better looking and the Force doesn't have stereo speakers and the front top and bottom is a bit ugly with sensors etc but that bigger Force battery is really appealing and I could use the Force without a case but I feel the 6P would need one as I just feel that it won't wear that well with everyday use!

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87