Nexus 7 Bricked !!Bootloader Erased Help!!!!

Vgarcia24

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
My brother erased de bootloader with "fastboot erase bootloader"...

How can re-install de bootloader on my nexus 7?

Last edited:

Caldera

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey caldera thanks for the help... But i dont have bootloader. so i cant do anything of that .

If you can't get into recovery or flash anything through fastboot then you're probably out of luck. I'm not sure what Asus charges for this type of "repair", but it probably isn't cheap. My condolences for your loss. :(

Caldera

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't think anyone has used NVFlash with the N7 yet, but that doesn't mean it won't happen eventually. Best of luck.

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Wow you'd think there'd be some kind of protection against that anyways there's gotta be some way to get it back they had to flash a bootloader at the factory so that means there is a way to flash it the question is how did they do it at the factory

Sent from my Nexus 7 with CM-10 using Android Central Forums

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
All the images are here https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images make sure you download the right one. the WiFi only Nexus 7 is Nakasi also you will want to know which version you had on there 4.11 4.12 or 4.2 so you can put the right bootloader back.

i think it is actually grouper nvm they chaged the name

If you can't get into recovery or flash anything through fastboot then you're probably out of luck. I'm not sure what Asus charges for this type of "repair", but it probably isn't cheap. My condolences for your loss. :(

my friend bricked his transformer and it cost like $250 bucks to fix. they replaces parts in it instead of reprogramming it.

i also googled nvflash and it seems it only works if you have already backed up your files

Last edited:

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
i think it is actually grouper nvm they chaged the name

my friend bricked his transformer and it cost like $250 bucks to fix. they replaces parts in it instead of reprogramming it.

i also googled nvflash and it seems it only works if you have already backed up your files

Grouper is one codename... Nexus devices have a second codename that applies to their factory images. For example: Nexus 7 (Grouper) is nakasi (wifi only one) and nakasig (3g enabled one) ; Galaxy Nexus has a few varieties (toro = Verizon, toroplus is sprint, maguro is the gsm version) with respective image-names (mysid, takju and yakju) ; Nexus 4 (mako) is occam... :)

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Seems that some people have been playing with nvflash and have gotten it to recognize but haven't figured out a way of flashing anything yet at any rate there should be a way to do it soon also 2defmouze nvflash stands for Nvida flash

Sent from my Nexus 7 with CM10 using Android Central Forums

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

Not necessary if this is rooted. Do you have custom recovery? If so, you can find the bootloader in zip format, copy it to your N7, then flash the zip from CWM or TWRP. Other wise, you made need to do a factory wipe and start from scratch. There is a way to do it from powered off state, I'll look around.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hohenheimofdarkness